• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I Am New Here

evangelist6589

• Members

I was recommended this site by a friend and I am introducing myself. First I want to make sure I would be a good fit in here. I am a member of a IFB church, however I am not KJVO and am also a Calvinist. But I am a major evangelist and love to pass out tracts, hit the streets and do open air preaching. Usually I will use the KJV/NKJV for this task, but I sometimes will use the NIV/ESV. Being a Calvinist in my case also means being a Dispensationalist and for that sites like The Puritan Board would not welcome me as they are truly Reformed websites and not Calvinistic as I am. 

I realize most IFB are not of this persuasion and I really have no beef with them as long as we respect each other. As an evangelist my main focus is on that task and secondary issues I do not exactly seek to divide over. For example I like Chic Cartoon tracts and no I do not agree with everything that they teach, but they do an excellent jOB at hitting the reality of man's depravity, his sin, and the horrors of Hell. Yes even much better than the Calvinist tracts that I have. Chic Tracts have been endorsed by those in the Reformed community. 

John

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Howdy!

To tell you the truth, not only are most IFBs not of your persuasion, I don't know of any non-IFBs that are either! That said, if you are a brother in Christ and not here to try and force a particular view or simply attack IFBs then welcome aboard.

I would be interested in hearing more about your evangelistic efforts...how you go about this, what responses you receive, what things seem to work best, not work so well, work well for some but not others, and whatever else you may have to share in this area.

• Moderators

Hi, Evangelist John!  Welcome to OB. Please just be sure to only post with the KJV. Discussion on both Calvinism and the version question is permitted, but overt promotion of either is not. Other than that - have at it! :wink Glad to have you here.

• Members
Howdy! To tell you the truth, not only are most IFBs not of your persuasion, I don't know of any non-IFBs that are either! That said, if you are a brother in Christ and not here to try and force a particular view or simply attack IFBs then welcome aboard. I would be interested in hearing more about your evangelistic efforts...how you go about this, what responses you receive, what things seem to work best, not work so well, work well for some but not others, and whatever else you may have to share in this area.
Thank you sir. Usually I hit the streets or the parks and mass distribute gospel tracts, get in chats, and open air preach. I have had all types of responses from positive to negative. Have taken people out to lunch, had hour long chats with people, and have been cussed out. Have called the cops had people arrested or warned as well for threatening me or someone in the area. I like WOTM tracts the best as they use the 10 Commandments and they have good ice breakers. I trust in the sovereignty of God in salvation to draw the elect to salvation so I only preach and let God draw his elect. I evangelize solely for the glory of God so I reject the term "soul winning" as God is the evangelist. A good book I have been reading is called HEAVEN AND HELL by Puritan Reformed author Edward Donally. On the DOG we agree, but we separate on our eschatology as I am a dispensationalist. No I won't attack anyone as long as they do not attack me. Yes there are Reformed and Calvinist Baptist IFB churches. I know of one Reformed Baptist church in my area but they are not Dispensationalist. Steve Lawson pastors a Calvinist Baptist church in Alabama and they are also Dispensationalist and my position.

• Members

I know i wouldn't want to be part of a site that was all about stuff I didn't believe in to be true.

Another Calvinist to cause confusion and debate. There's plenty of sites for Calvinists and this isn't one of them. You're peddling deception and lies.

Mathew 7:15 "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolfs."

• Members

I know i wouldn't want to be part of a site that was all about stuff I didn't believe in to be true.

Another Calvinist to cause confusion and debate. There's plenty of sites for Calvinists and this isn't one of them. You're peddling deception and lies.

Mathew 7:15 "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolfs."

Why do you attack me???? What have I done to you???? I am IFB yes and who ever said I did not agree with everything a IFB teaches? I do not even agree with everything Reformed theology teaches. 

Archived