• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Ugh

Anon

• Members

Just saw a news thing that at the local Walmart I go to, someone got caught taking pictures up some lady's skirt.

I have also heard that rapists prefer victims who wear skirts because it's easier.

it makes me not wanna wear skirts.   Haha.  I kinda wish it was our culture to wear those dresses in India with the pants under them.   I have been trying to find like sweater dresses to maybe wear pants under in the winter to where the top/tunic/dress is long enough to where it's super modest, almost to the knees....then the pants would cover the legs too (and not skin tight) but it's hard since I'm so tall.  I saw a blog on modesty where the lady wears dresses most of the time but when working in the barn she wore jeans with a cute long feminine top to where it covered completely her backside and front, and looked distinct.   But she was also nice and short!

• Members

This seems to be a trend. It seems like every few weeks I see a story about someone taking pictures up a woman's skirt in a WalMart or other store. One recent one I saw involved a man doing that to a 14 year old girl shopping with her mother.

I've heard that about rapists and skirts too, but I've also read some rapists like the "thrill" of ripping or forcing clothes off; and also that most rapists either target a woman because they think a particular woman looks easy to handle or because something about a particular woman appeals to whatever 'sickness' within them that drives them to rape.

Personally, I think if they dealt with rapists as Scripture says there would be far fewer rapes.

In this very rural area many, perhaps even most, Christian women at least sometimes wear some form of pants, typically while wearing long tops that usually cover down to at least mid-thigh or the knee area.

Way back when I was in high school the girls would wear their gym shorts under their dresses at school because some of the guys would play "dress up day" as the girls passed them in the hallway.

• Members

Yeah...I'm totally for dressing modestly but my husband and I have had several discussions on this topic this year.  More and more, it just isn't practical in many situations to wear a skirt.  Shopping (maybe not at Walmart!) and working an office jOB, yeah.   But riding a bike, hiking, working an active jOB, etc.... I feel like there are modest ways to wear pants.

My husband is still pretty hard against it....but he has relented in a few areas.  I work part time at a cake shop and I do stairs quite a bit there.  So I got some super baggy (and I mean baggy, looks like pajama pants with extra fabric) chef pants to wear there, for all the bending over and crouching and stairs I do.  I used to wear a skirt to do cakes but when I would bend or crouch, you would see too much skin if I was wearing a knee length skirt..and a longer skirt was a jOB hazard.

Then in the winter I think it's the same modesty wearing a long skirt as it is to wear a shorter skirt with leggings/pants underneath.   My husband really doesn't like jeans much but I'm working on trying to find long, feminine tops for distinction.  We will see what happens with that.  I'm not sure he will want me going out in public in them still, though.

It's very difficult to stay to a "no pants ever" rule these days.  It is easier to still remain modest by altering some pants outfits to still be modest, be distinct, and cover up important areas than it is to just be strict about "skirts only" without taking into regard the environment...whether it's truly the most modest choice, or whether it is practical.

Here is the blog I found, and enjoyed it:  http://freshmodesty.blogspot.com/2013/07/how-to-wear-pants-modestly.html   I was really surprised that even the comments under the blog seemed to think that was too strict!   I think her tunic could stand to be a tiny bit longer actually, and maybe the capris a bit looser.... but otherwise, it is very feminine and distinct.   Most of her blog deals with dresses and skirts though.

Archived