• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Left Behind: Not A "christian Movie." Not Even Close.

John81

• Members

I have met many Charismatics on both sides of the fence of Belief. 

One does have to wonder who it is they actually are believing in when they believe they can forfeit their Salvation or that God might kick them out of the family Himself.

Have they trusted the true Christ, or an imitator who is too weak to prevent them from breaking the seal of the Holy Spirit.

Revelation 3:7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched Noah, last night, what a great movie. I thought it brought a real human perspective in what it must have been like for Noah. I thought the whole idea of him being the "instrument" of god to rid the world of humanity was an interesting one. I agree it was VERY unbiblical. The only biblical thing was that God ignored everybody and didn't speak even to his poor fallen Angels who felt sorry for men and went to their rescue. A poor reflection of the story of Noah perhaps but a very accurate reflection of the Christian version of God who does nothing but judge and hate us. Good Movie.

• Members

God does nothing but judge and hate us?

Sorry, but I disagree.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

While God is not willing that any should perish, the sad reality is, many will perish.  They will perish because they reject the Son.

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Yes, many will die in their sins and go into a Christ-less eternity.  Why?  Because they received not a love for the only one who could save them from a fiery hell.  God doesn't hate us, WC.  He is a God of Love and Mercy.  But He is also a Just and Righteous God.  His judgments against the wicked are because they would not accept the only begotten Son of God.

Psalms 19:9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.

Doesn't sound like a God that "does nothing but judge and hate us".  If He hated us, He would not be wanting us to repent of our wickedness.  He would not be longsuffering as He is.

Fallen angels felt sorry for men and went to their rescue was Biblical?  Care to show us where such action by the fallen angels can be found in the Bible?

And you say you are a lay preacher?  Better lay off the preaching until you learn the Bible better.

• Members

When you think about it, quite a few Bible stories are dramatic enough to be a major motion picture.  (Just as the Sight and Sound Theater!)   But instead of using it to make secular Hollywood a buck or million, people should be taking things more seriously.

Revelation could be a horror movie, and will be one...but not for entertainment.

I admit wanting to see someone do a computer animated scene of the "valley of dry bones" though.  Coooooool.   :-)

Interesting - 

Ez. 37:11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.

12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD. 

That calls for a film about Pentecost!

Or the sort of films that came out from the Billy Graham Association 50 years ago, showing the preaching of the Gospel to hopeless sinners dead in trespasses & sins, having their lives transformed by the indwelling Holy Spirit, as they turned to Christ in repentance. 

[Please don't respond with an argument about BGA - I share your misgivings.]

• Members

I watched Noah, last night, what a great movie. I thought it brought a real human perspective in what it must have been like for Noah. I thought the whole idea of him being the "instrument" of god to rid the world of humanity was an interesting one. I agree it was VERY unbiblical. The only biblical thing was that God ignored everybody and didn't speak even to his poor fallen Angels who felt sorry for men and went to their rescue. A poor reflection of the story of Noah perhaps but a very accurate reflection of the Christian version of God who does nothing but judge and hate us. Good Movie.

Noah an  "instrument" of god to rid the world of humanity"

I don't thilnk so,  

2Pe 2:5  And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

• Members

'Left behind'...or 'Hope for those who like to sin, even after the rapture'...

That's always been my major concern with this franchise. This series tends to give the impression that if someone doesn't get right with God now they will recognize what's going on after the rapture and can get saved then. As a bonus, they can then join an underground movement to fight against the efforts of anti-christ. Forget about what Scripture actually says.

I've heard both admitted lost folks and church folks who have declared that if they find themselves "left behind" after the rapture they will get saved then. Some even bring up joining the underground resistance movement as if that's from the Bible.

• Members

That's always been my major concern with this franchise. This series tends to give the impression that if someone doesn't get right with God now they will recognize what's going on after the rapture and can get saved then. As a bonus, they can then join an underground movement to fight against the efforts of anti-christ. Forget about what Scripture actually says.

I've heard both admitted lost folks and church folks who have declared that if they find themselves "left behind" after the rapture they will get saved then. Some even bring up joining the underground resistance movement as if that's from the Bible.

Daniel 11:32 -  And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

Exploits is defined as "an act of heroism" - Websters Collegiate Dictionary.

Interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Will it make big money like the movie Noah?

We'll have to wait and see. Noah was a disgrace. I'm amazed Crowe agreed to add his name to the atheist project.

The Trailer for Left Behind is here.

Ready for a real surprise? What with Hollywood committing to Biblical movies and making really bad one's, including bad choice of actors to portray Biblical patriarchs, like Christian Bale who called Moses, his character in the latest retelling of that scripture, mentally ill, barbaric and schizophrenic.*article* (I heard the Christian Bale audio of him going off in a raging rant as he verbally attacked a crew member in, if I am correct, one of his Batman movies on a day of filming. I'm thinking Mr.Bale is cross confusing his Moses comments with his own personality defects. )

:th_popout:  Naughty Daisy. Bad, bad. Forgive me Lord.  :icon_pray:

We now have ROBert Redford throwing his hat in.

His possible project?
To play Oral ROBerts in a movie about his life and ministry. *Charisma Article*

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Easy there. I surely don't agree with much of the charismatic nonsense, but does that mean they teach a false gospel? It may be a case of getting saved 'in spite of' the other church teachings, but let's not ascribe what us not earned.

I'll use 'The Church of God' as an example:
Those who teach that one cannot know that he is saved everlastingly, eternally, until death, are teaching a false gospel and are to be accursed.

• Moderators

Hollywood has more "Christian" movies in the works because they realize that tagging any movie as being in any way Christian will draw extra millions of American Christians into the movie houses.

The last Superman movie, a movie that should clearly be noticed as not being Christian, was nevertheless promoted as having "Christian themes", and was highly publicized to Christians. That was enough to draw millions of Christians to see the movie.

It's a shame more Christians can't tell the difference between biblical Christianity, things which fit in with Scripture, and those things that are tagged as "Christian themed" or being a "family movie" or having "family values". Most often these movies, even if they aren't "as bad as" other movies, still provide exceedingly little, and usually no outright Christian teaching, values or themes.

This is more of Hollywood and the world hijacking Christianity for personal gain and the downgrading of Christianity.

I'm waiting for the new Moses movie, starring Batman as Moses.

Moses walks into Pharoah's palace, steps boldy before him.

Pharoah: "Who...who are you?"

Moses:  (in gravely voice) "I'm Moses!"

Archived