• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A Sounds Gospel Tract

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I think we are somewhat seeking to squeeze camels through needles, here.

Jordan has a good point, and if I understand it clearly, maybe I can simplify it:

The hardest thing to do with folks today is to convince them they are sinners. yes, the Spirit convicts, but he uses us to convince with words, while He turns the heart. The Commandments, at least the nine that apply in the NT, lays out some very easy to understand concepts of what 'sin' is: Stealing, lying, adultery, et al. It makes concrete the (to the lost) vague concept of 'sin'. And any ONE sin will bring a person to hell, without that sin, and all others, being washed away by the blood of Christ. So, we use the commandments, because they Do describe sin, to show a person that they have sinned, and because they have sinned, they are bound for hell, and rightfully so.

So using the commandments in conjunction with, say, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God", shows that 1: we are all sinners, and, 2: because of that we fall short of God's demand of holiness and righteousness, without Christ.

No one is saying that we must all adhere to the commandments and laws-Christ nailed the commandments and law to His cross-but those who are not yet covered by the cross of Christ, as it were, are still lost.

People need to know WHAT sin IS, becfore they can accept that they HAVE sinned and are lost. I believe this is an excellent way to do it. Not always the only way, but definitely one.

• Members

I think we are somewhat seeking to squeeze camels through needles, here.

Jordan has a good point, and if I understand it clearly, maybe I can simplify it:

The hardest thing to do with folks today is to convince them they are sinners. yes, the Spirit convicts, but he uses us to convince with words, while He turns the heart. The Commandments, at least the nine that apply in the NT, lays out some very easy to understand concepts of what 'sin' is: Stealing, lying, adultery, et al. It makes concrete the (to the lost) vague concept of 'sin'. And any ONE sin will bring a person to hell, without that sin, and all others, being washed away by the blood of Christ. So, we use the commandments, because they Do describe sin, to show a person that they have sinned, and because they have sinned, they are bound for hell, and rightfully so.

So using the commandments in conjunction with, say, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God", shows that 1: we are all sinners, and, 2: because of that we fall short of God's demand of holiness and righteousness, without Christ.

No one is saying that we must all adhere to the commandments and laws-Christ nailed the commandments and law to His cross-but those who are not yet covered by the cross of Christ, as it were, are still lost.

People need to know WHAT sin IS, becfore they can accept that they HAVE sinned and are lost. I believe this is an excellent way to do it. Not always the only way, but definitely one.

Exactly!

• Members

Unfortunately many tracts do not really deal with sin or gloss offer it with a simple quoting of Romans 3:23, I became convinced that using the Ten Commandments of the mosaic law is an effective and God blessed method, Paul said by the Law is the knowledge of sin and that the Law is a schoolmaster to bring us to Christ, the other thing that I noticed about tracts is that they almost tend to easy believism or 1-2-3 pray after me, or often they tend to have more a Lordship Salvation confusing sounding invitation to come to Christ.

I was able to find tracts that used the Law of God, but they were unclear on Accepting Christ.
I was also pretty much unable to find a decent tract that combined use of the law and had a good definition of repentance.

So i wrote my own and had it published.

here is a the link:

http://www.printmytract.com/store/tract-library/flyer-tracts/living-water-KJV.html

Proclaiming the Gospel has some good tracts check them out! They are Calvinist based and non KJVO.

• Moderators

Proclaiming the Gospel has some good tracts check them out! They are Calvinist based and non KJVO.

Evangelist, as per the rules of this site and my previous comment, you are not to promote Calvinism or versions other than the KJV. Therefore, a recommendation for such an organization is neither appropriate nor appreciated. 

• Members
Evangelist, as per the rules of this site and my previous comment, you are not to promote Calvinism or versions other than the KJV. Therefore, a recommendation for such an organization is neither appropriate nor appreciated.
Sorry. So this puts all Calvinist in one box? What if I only promoted Calvinist Dispensationalist but did not promote Reformed? There is a difference between the two. Are they all out? For example confessional Reformed are Covenant in theology of which I STRONGLY DISAGREE. What of Erwin Lutzer of Moody Church? He makes both Calvinist and Arminian statements. Thanks,.

• Moderators

Sorry. So this puts all Calvinist in one box? What if I only promoted Calvinist Dispensationalist but did not promote Reformed? There is a difference between the two. Are they all out? For example confessional Reformed are Covenant in theology of which I STRONGLY DISAGREE. What of Erwin Lutzer of Moody Church? He makes both Calvinist and Arminian statements. Thanks,.

Calvinism. Period. Yes, it is one box. As Calvinism and dispensationalism are two different beasts, one is not required to promote one in order to discuss the other.

What about Erwin Lutzer? We promote neither Calvinism nor Arminianism on this site. If he wants to post, he is subject to the same rules as everyone else. If you are posting, we'd all much prefer discussing things with you rather than seeing blanket recommendations of others.

• Members

Sorry. So this puts all Calvinist in one box? What if I only promoted Calvinist Dispensationalist but did not promote Reformed?

As in would it matter so long as the content of the actual tracts wasn't reformed? Well it was you who just listed Calvinism as the No.1 reason we should check out Proclaiming the Gospel's tracts. Why do that if the fact they are reformed is just incidental?

Coming onto a forum that is overtly KJV-only and non-Calvinist and promoting something based on the fact it's non-KJV and Calvinist: there's no way you are for real.  :rolleyes:

• Members

The King James Bible is the only true inspired word of God. If you don't start with that then everything else is off. Ask yourself why are there not any NIV only sites or NKJV only sites. Read the KJV bible and understand how the devil operates and you will quickly see that it is the only true word of God.

Look at what satan does in these verses.

Genesis 3:1 quoted wrong and taken out of context Genesis 2:16-17 was quoted

Matthew 4:6 again taken out of contest and misquoted. Psalms 91:11-13 is what was quoted. Take a look especially at verse 13 which was left out.

That is his nature and how he works. Learn to identify his devices!!!

Knowing this I would say that the NKJV is more blatently satanistic than NIV as it is more sneaky trying to imitate the word of God even in it's title. Nevertheless anything other than the KJV should be labeled as blasphemy.

• Members

Calvinism. Period. Yes, it is one box. As Calvinism and dispensationalism are two different beasts, one is not required to promote one in order to discuss the other.
What about Erwin Lutzer? We promote neither Calvinism nor Arminianism on this site. If he wants to post, he is subject to the same rules as everyone else. If you are posting, we'd all much prefer discussing things with you rather than seeing blanket recommendations of others.

IFB are generally Arminian and their theology flows from there. But as you wish I won't promote Calvinism.

• Members
As in would it matter so long as the content of the actual tracts wasn't reformed? Well it was you who just listed Calvinism as the No.1 reason we should check out Proclaiming the Gospel's tracts. Why do that if the fact they are reformed is just incidental? Coming onto a forum that is overtly KJV-only and non-Calvinist and promoting something based on the fact it's non-KJV and Calvinist: there's no way you are for real. :rolleyes:
Mike is not Reformed. There is a difference between Reformed and Calvinistic or Calvinist Dispensationalist. He would not be endorsed at a Reformed seminary.

• Members

The King James Bible is the only true inspired word of God. If you don't start with that then everything else is off. Ask yourself why are there not any NIV only sites or NKJV only sites. Read the KJV bible and understand how the devil operates and you will quickly see that it is the only true word of God.

Look at what satan does in these verses.

Genesis 3:1 quoted wrong and taken out of context Genesis 2:16-17 was quoted

Matthew 4:6 again taken out of contest and misquoted. Psalms 91:11-13 is what was quoted. Take a look especially at verse 13 which was left out.

That is his nature and how he works. Learn to identify his devices!!!

Knowing this I would say that the NKJV is more blatently satanistic than NIV as it is more sneaky trying to imitate the word of God even in it's title. Nevertheless anything other than the KJV should be labeled as blasphemy.

I am in your territory and I came by invite.

I won't discuss Calvinism nor mention any Calvinistic nor Reformed tract ministries.

Archived