• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A Sounds Gospel Tract

• Members

Unfortunately many tracts do not really deal with sin or gloss offer it with a simple quoting of Romans 3:23, I became convinced that using the Ten Commandments of the mosaic law is an effective and God blessed method, Paul said by the Law is the knowledge of sin and that the Law is a schoolmaster to bring us to Christ, the other thing that I noticed about tracts is that they almost tend to easy believism or 1-2-3 pray after me, or often they tend to have more a Lordship Salvation confusing sounding invitation to come to Christ.

I was able to find tracts that used the Law of God, but they were unclear on Accepting Christ.

I was also pretty much unable to find a decent tract that combined use of the law and had a good definition of repentance.

And then the ones I found which had both,were not King James Only.

So i wrote my own and had it published. 

here is a the link:

http://www.printmytract.com/store/tract-library/flyer-tracts/living-water-KJV.html

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is no need to use the ten commandments on gentiles Mal 4:4 ¶ Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.  God says he commanded it for all Israel not for all men or Gentiles.

Every man knows they have thought dirty thoughts, spoke lies, use some form of curse words, stole Hated etc etc etc.  All men know by nature they are sinners therefore children of wrath deserving hell.

What they need to know is that Christ died for their sins and his shed blood has opened a way they can have fellowship with God and don't have to go to hell.  Something that they did not and could not have otherwise.  Ephesians 2:11 ¶ Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
 12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
 13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

• Members

Right! The Law given to the children of Israel was never given to Gentile nations...

Psalms 147:19 (KJV) 19 He sheweth his word unto JacOB, his statutes and his judgments unto Israel.

Psalms 147:20 (KJV) 20 He hath not dealt so with any nation: and [as for his] judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the LORD.

Acts 15:5 (KJV) 5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command [them] to keep the law of Moses.

Acts 15:10 (KJV) 10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

Acts 15:24 (KJV) 24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, [Ye must] be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no [such] commandment:

Acts 15:28 (KJV) 28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

Acts 15:29 (KJV) 29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Acts 21:25 (KJV) 25 As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written [and] concluded that they OBserve no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from [things] offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

• Members

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. Galations 3:24

Part of the law serves to point out our sinfulness and our inability to live right before God or to earn our own salvation. This realization helps lead to repentance and turning to Christ.

• Members

Romans 2:14-15
  14   For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
  15   Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

• Members

There is no need to use the ten commandments on gentiles Mal 4:4 ¶ Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.  God says he commanded it for all Israel not for all men or Gentiles.

Every man knows they have thought dirty thoughts, spoke lies, use some form of curse words, stole Hated etc etc etc.  All men know by nature they are sinners therefore children of wrath deserving hell.

What they need to know is that Christ died for their sins and his shed blood has opened a way they can have fellowship with God and don't have to go to hell.  Something that they did not and could not have otherwise.  Ephesians 2:11 ¶ Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
 12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
 13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

The 10 Commandments give people something OBjective to judge themselves by.

Romans 3:19  Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 

For you to imply that the moral law of the ten commandments is not for the gentiles is false.

The following is from http://realtruth.org/articles/216-dtnttatc.html

The first four of the Ten Commandments teach man how to love God. “You shall have no other gods before Me. You shall not make unto you any graven image…You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain…Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy” (Ex. 20:3-8).

In Matthew 22, Christ summarized these four, saying, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment” (vs. 37-38).

When Satan the devil tried to tempt Jesus while He fasted in the wilderness, Christ quoted the FIRST COMMANDMENT: “Get you behind Me, Satan: for it is written, You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only shall you serve” (Luke 4:8Matt. 4:10).

In John 4:24, Christ was speaking about the SECOND COMMANDMENT when He taught that men cannot use physical OBjects, images or “aids”—in other words, idols—to worship a spiritual God. Since God is a Spirit, His followers must worship Him in spirit.

Paul also taught the Second Commandment: “Neither be you idolaters, as were some of them [the Israelites during the Exodus]; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play” (I Cor. 10:7). Carnal-minded Israel did not have the patience to worship a God they could not see, so they made a physical “god” to satisfy their carnal, physical lusts. But God knew this would happen. Throughout mankind’s history, man has always rejected his Creator in order to worship His creation (Rom. 1:18-25).

In Matthew 15, Christ taught against breaking several of God’s commandments, including the third: “For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders [sIXTH COMMANDMENT], adulteries [sEVENTH COMMANDMENT], fornications, thefts [EIGHTH COMMANDMENT], false witness [NINTH COMMANDMENT], blasphemies [THIRD COMMANDMENT]” (vs. 18-19). The Greek word used here for “blasphemies” is blesphemia, which means “evil speaking,” “railing” or “vilification against God.” In other words, taking God’s name in vain.

Paul also commanded Christians not to do this: “But now you also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice,blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth” (Col. 3:8).

The Second Great Commandment

The last six of the Ten Commandments instruct man on how to love his fellow man. “Honor your father and your mother…You shall not kill. You shall not commit adultery. You shall not steal. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. You shall not covet…” (Ex. 20:12-17).

Centuries later, Christ said that anyone who wants to enter eternal life must keep these samecommandments: “You shall do no murder [sIXTH COMMANDMENT], You shall not commit adultery [sEVENTH COMMANDMENT], You shall not steal [EIGHTH COMMANDMENT], You shall not bear false witness [NINTH COMMANDMENT], Honor your father and your mother [FIFTH COMMANDMENT]” (Matt. 19:18-19). Christ summarized these as “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” the second greatest commandment (Matt. 22:39).

Years after Christ’s sacrifice (which most religious leaders claim does away with the law), Paul taught these same commandments to Gentile converts in Rome: “For this, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not kill, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, You shall not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, You shall love your neighbor as yourself” (Rom. 13:9).

In Ephesians 6:2, Paul commanded Christians to OBey the Fifth Commandment by honoring their parents. (Eph. 6:2). He commanded them to OBey the Ninth Commandment: “Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbor” (Eph. 4:25). He OBserved the Tenth Commandment, saying, “I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, You shall not covet” (Rom. 7:7).

The apostle James also warned about the dangers of breaking the Tenth Commandment: “But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust has conceived, it brings forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, brings forth death” (Jms. 1:14-15).

He continued in chapter 4: “From where come wars and fightings among you? Come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members? You lust, and have not: you kill, and desire to have, and cannot OBtain: you fight and war, yet you have not, because you ask not. You ask, and receive not, because you ask amiss, that you may consume it upon your lusts” (vs. 1-3).

As you can see, all of the Ten Commandments were preached throughout the New Testament.

No wonder the apostle John wrote, “By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments: and His commandments are not grievous” (I John 5:2-3).

• Members

Romans 7:1 (KJV) 1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

Romans 7:2 (KJV) 2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to [her] husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of [her] husband.

Romans 7:3 (KJV) 3 So then if, while [her] husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Romans 7:4 (KJV) 4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, [even] to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Paul likens one who dwells in the house of the Law while married to Christ to one who is guilty of committing an act of adultery.

• Members

1 Timothy 1:9 (KJV) 9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disOBedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

1 Timothy 1:10 (KJV) 10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

• Members

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. Galations 3:24

Part of the law serves to point out our sinfulness and our inability to live right before God or to earn our own salvation. This realization helps lead to repentance and turning to Christ.

Might I point out a thing here John?

Thank you, I love this... Hello there AVBB and SFIC?

Paul wrote Galatians! The Apostle to the Gentiles!

He was speaking to 'gentiles' here? About the law being 'our' schoolmaster?

Yep.

Let's expand on that verse John for them, shall we?

3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

And, read the whole chapter and see just how many times the words 'you' and 'ye' are in it.

Paul said: 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Sounds like the he was sent to? The Jews, no the gentiles in this book. IF indeed, Paul was only for the Gentiles.

Oh, yeah, I might point out these verses while we are here...

3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

• Members

One more thing about the tract.

I am not a 'fan' of Gospel tracts, yet they do have their use, mostly in getting people 'interested'.

But as for the 10 commandments, I think it honorable to use a series of 'laws' given by God, (who, by the way, was also Jesus Christ at the time), to mankind

to show men what GOD thought was righteous and unrighteous.

It brings about the seriousness of 'what hath God said' about righteousness and sin, which is a crux of bringing about repentance.

• Members

Paul starts the book of Romans speaking to three groups of people in the first three Chapters of the epistle.  the children of wrath who are already given over to sin that there is no hope for them, the lost who may be saved, and the Jews who trust the law to save. 

Who are the people Paul is speaking too in parts of Romans chapter 2 and 3? 

It is Jews.

the letter to the Romans was written during his "go to the Jew first ministry" which ended by Acts 18. 

Acts 18:6 And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.

In Roms 3, Paul is confronting the Jews and their claim to have an advantage over the rest of mankind.  Read verse one.  and them thinking they are righteous because they are the chosen people of God who He had entrusted them with the oracles (words) of God. 

He also makes the "are we better than they" claim in verse 9 where he is speaking of them being Jews, because the Jews thought themselves better than the Gentiles who they also referred to as the heathens.  But Paul proved that both Jew and Gentile are all under sin.

The "we" in verse 19 again it is Paul's identification with the Jews.  and that they know the Law is for them who are under the law.

Who are they which are under the law?

The Jews of course.

But Paul elaborates and states that the law will not justify them but their faith in Jesus Christ.  Under the Kingdom gospel their faith that he is the chosen one of God, the king of the Jews.  Under the current Gospel of Grace for all men that "Christ died for our sins".

A little division goes a long way in understanding God's holy words.

• Members

I would point out two things on this subject:
1. "The Law" is often not referring to the 10 commandments specifically, but the entire Old Testament.
2. Different methods work for different people.

Using the 10 commandments will work for some people, but not for all.

If you think that any single tract will suffice for all, then you will greatly limit your usefulness, and potentially fall into the trap of "method".

You actually need a few tracts, and assess the situation and person you are talking to and choose the appropriate one - or none in some cases. Just talk to some people.
This will also help you to not become mechanical about it.

• Members

A little division goes a long way in understanding God's holy words.

In this thread we are discussing Jordans tract, so it will satisfy me to say your type of division is too confusing.

Any time someone uses God's word to witness, God uses his word to affect who is being witnessed to.

He said his word would not return void, and it will accomplish that which is pleasing to God.

And it pleases God that all men should repent.

So where does the thought that Romans was written to the Jews during his 'Jews first' ministry?

God specifically chose Saul/Paul for being the Apostle to the gentiles, why do you say there was a 'Jew first' thing for him?

Sorry Jordan, been discussing this kinda 'belief' for a bit, and can't make heads nor tails out of it.

If you feel led of the Lord to use a tract like this, that is just fine, and I think the Lord is pleased with your willingness

to be used by him to speak as a representative of Christ Jesus our Lord.

May God bless the use of this tract for His Glory!

• Members

In this thread we are discussing Jordans tract, so it will satisfy me to say your type of division is too confusing.

Any time someone uses God's word to witness, God uses his word to affect who is being witnessed to.

He said his word would not return void, and it will accomplish that which is pleasing to God.

And it pleases God that all men should repent.

So where does the thought that Romans was written to the Jews during his 'Jews first' ministry?

God specifically chose Saul/Paul for being the Apostle to the gentiles, why do you say there was a 'Jew first' thing for him?

Sorry Jordan, been discussing this kinda 'belief' for a bit, and can't make heads nor tails out of it.

If you feel led of the Lord to use a tract like this, that is just fine, and I think the Lord is pleased with your willingness

to be used by him to speak as a representative of Christ Jesus our Lord.

May God bless the use of this tract for His Glory!

Don't forget the parable of the sower.  some of God's words falls on hard ground, some on rocky, some in the weeds, and some in good ground producing fruit.

three times as often the word does not produce any long lasting fruit.

Be glad we are of that one part that produces great fruit.  I myself personally have led over 700 to faith in the Lord Jesus Christ's finished work of the cross as a substitutionary death for their sins, buried and rising again the third day giving them a living hope of life in Christ forever.

Again the context of Romans tells where Paul is speaking to the Jew.  In Acts 13:16-41 Paul reaches out to the Jews with the same message Peter gives in Acts 2 with one added point that through Christ was the forgiveness of sins.  But after that he speaks the gospel differently to the Jews and goes to some privately in Acts 18:22 (as told in Gal 2:2) and tells them of the gospel he received and taught of the Lord (1Cor 15:3,4; Gal 1:11,12).  By Acts 18:6 Paul makes it clear he will no longer go to them separately.  God's Word shows us how to identify where Paul spoke to Jews differently and separately and then changed it.  Search the scriptures and see if it is so.

It takes years of honest study, not given to the traditions we are taught and teaching, allowing God's word to tear those lies down and to see God's word as the truth it is instead of our teachings of his word.  See my last post on the "what is being Taught" thread as one of those traditions that is not true to the word of God but many a man teach them.  While some of you have not heard some teach these things I and others have.

God's word is sharper than any sword and if you let it, it will severe you from the traditional teachings of men and the truth of his words.  I am no better than any but one thing is my hearts desire from God's words is to know truth.  And as long as my heart is pure in that God shows me it in his word, just like he showed me that the AV is the preserved, whole, complete, inerrant words of God.

Archived