• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Wine And Alcohl

Jordan Kurecki

• Members

My response is...

1. They are Calvinists.
  2. They use different versions of God's word...see next point.
  3. They say...

The major English translations of Scripture translate these words by English equivalents that bespeak alcoholic beverages, rather than terms such as "juice," "grape juice," and so forth. Translations include: "wine," "strong drink," "liquor," and "beer."

Liquor? Beer? Wonder what translation(s) those are found in? Liquor nor beer are "fruits of the vine" as the KJV always refers to. Liquor and beer are made from the "harvest of the field". A completely different source for alcoholic beverages that's never touched upon in scripture.

4. It's their own debate; let them hash it out.

• Administrators

Well, I honestly don't think Jordan is wanting to excuse drinking, so it wouldn't truly be an "again". Jordan is a young college student...the older Christians (by age I'm meaning) could discuss this article from a scriptural standpoint so anyone reading it could learn. No?

• Members

what?

brother Jordan this topic has gotten of of hand just as John said umpteen times I think maybe most are gone now but who knows when they'll show back up  I don't believe anyone here is going against you but some are still weary from the last threads (battles)

God bless brother 

• Members

Well, I honestly don't think Jordan is wanting to excuse drinking, so it wouldn't truly be an "again". Jordan is a young college student...the older Christians (by age I'm meaning) could discuss this article from a scriptural standpoint so anyone reading it could learn. No?

I agree with you HC when Mature Christians can discuss this topic and I hope it can be , I have nothing against brother Jordan doing so, I just Know how  un-scriptural this topic has gotten before with immature Christians causing others to become weary of the topic, that's all.

God bless Sister   

• Administrators

Truth. But I do believe the pro-drinkers are gone...the worse one having been banned by me (sadly, honestly).

So let's give it a shot. I'm interested in reading the discussion myself. SFIC brought up a good point. NN did, too...I agree that the source isn't one we would reference. But how would you (anyone) answer them?

I promise that if the discussion gets hairy it'll get shut down. So...those who are up to discuss, fair warning. :-D

Archived