• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Masons - What do they mean to you ?

• Members

They don't mean much to me at all.

Mason's are a "secret society". They are not Christian even though is some areas many professing Christians are members. They practice certain rights and accept beliefs (such as any religion is okay) that are contrary to Christian teaching.

There are many so-call conspiracy theories out there revolving around Masons. A few may hold some merit, but most go way overboard.

It's interesting to note that some Christians put forth that America was God-ordained and the Founding Fathers were guided by the Lord to establish America as they daid. At the same time, there are other Christians who put forth that many of the Founding Fathers were Masons and that America was founded for evil purposes.

• Members
They don't mean much to me at all.

Mason's are a "secret society". They are not Christian even though is some areas many professing Christians are members. They practice certain rights and accept beliefs (such as any religion is okay) that are contrary to Christian teaching.

There are many so-call conspiracy theories out there revolving around Masons. A few may hold some merit, but most go way overboard.

It's interesting to note that some Christians put forth that America was God-ordained and the Founding Fathers were guided by the Lord to establish America as they daid. At the same time, there are other Christians who put forth that many of the Founding Fathers were Masons and that America was founded for evil purposes.

Yeah, I heard that too, that about 50 of 56 on the signing of the Declaration of Independence were Masons.

• Members

What I remember is that the Masons "worship" the so-called builder of the pyramids named Hiram McBiff (sp?). The induction ceremony includes a death, burial, and resurrection but not Christ's. It contains a lot of Christian symbolism, but the definitions don't mean the same things. John Ankerberg has a video series exposing the Masons, and when I saw it, it was validated as true by a deacon who left the organization.

• Administrators

There are many people who are members of the Masonic Lodge who also attend church and love the Lord. Most of these people have not reached the higher levels of the organization where they swear fealty even if it means killing someone.

Freemasonry is a Luciferian system.

• Members

The Masons to me are a thoroughly evil org. The oaths you must take to get in I can't believe christian would say them. When you become a mason you take oaths at every degree and you must put the lodge above all. Some oaths make you swear you will help other masons. So in a church setting would a mason vote another mason out on a church discipline issue? What if there is an issue of an outside business who is run by masons trying to buy or deal with a church would the mason in the church back his church or the mason? That is one of my major problems plus all the ancient idolitry involved.
Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather

• Members

:goodpost:

It's actually amazing just how many professing Christians are also Masons. In some towns, and even areas, the gathering of church folks and Masons is virtually identical.

I know a 32nd degree Mason who claims there is no problem with being a Mason and a Christian.

In any event, I think many who call themselves Christians as well as Masons don't really think about what it is they are agreeing to or swearing an oath to. In times past folks took oaths and committments much more seriously than do most people today. Just as tens of thousands each year swear, "til death do us part", with no real comprehension of what that means and no real intention of keeping that oath (or of even really viewing the oath as anything binding, as anything more than 'just words'), so many join the Masons (and other groups) and swear their oaths and agree to their creeds without giving any real thought to this.

Loyalty, committment, meaning what you say and saying what you mean, are all virtually unknown to a very large number of people in America today.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

While it's true in some areas, especially in the South, that most or even all Masons in an area call themselves Christians (often Baptists), it's not true that they are all true, born again Christians.

It's also a fact that many non-Christians are Masons as well. Masons don't require one to be a Christian, just to believe in some higher power.

I've had family who were Masons, several friends and known many other Masons. Most were professing Christians but most probably were not actually biblical Christians.

One Lodge in Kentucky where I came to know several members through work was filled with former Klansmen and their sons and other family members. The blacks in that area knew to stay away from anyone with a Mason symbol as those boys were serious about keeping blacks in their place. (Not saying all Masons are like this, just relating my experience with that one Lodge in Kentucky)

• Administrators
Yo: dumb dumbs --- it is Hiram Abiff -- Mcbiff is a sandwich

Whoa - the love is just leaking out all over you, Bob. Name calling isn't necessary....
Hiram Mcbiff was the arctect of the 2nd temple - All masons are christians - Un-like most Baptists
...unless you are referring to yourself? And where is the Mcbiff sandwich available?

Whoa - the love is just leaking out all over you, Bob. Name calling isn't necessary.... ...unless you are referring to yourself? And where is the Mcbiff sandwich available?

:lol: HC. Hilarious!!