• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Persecution From Family

BettyAnn

• Members

It's an odd situation that I really would like extra prayer over. My Amish side of my family is opening back up a bit and I've been able to have some contact lately,a thing I've been praying over for a while. But my birth mother found out by listening in on a phone conversation one day and she's been increasingly hostile towards me, even worse than usual. Then we both found out we're getting inheritance money from my birth grandparents' death and she's threatening to try to block the money through a conservatorship because she knows some will be going to my church's fence fund and tithing. She's also threatening to go to my Amish side's bishop and tell him of their contact with me.

It's just one big mess. She knows we need the money for massive medical bills and she certainly knows the trouble she'll cause going to the bishop. She just doesn't care. She hates anything to do with Jesus,dabbles in new age nasty stuff and at one point was in wicca for a number of years.she's deeply unhappy with life and takes it out on me because I'm the easiest target. My husband protects me from it as best he can and I stand my ground, sometimes locking my door to keep her out but all she does is yell and scream at us through the door,a few times causing neighbors to call the police. My birth father does nothing about it and lets her wear the pants, sometimes siding with her because it's easier than dealing with her.

My husband and I are both trying so hard to deal with everything but it's exhausting. The craziest behavior has been since her parents died but it hasn't got better in the weeks since, just worse. Please pray we'll have the strength to do God's will in this situation and make the right decisions and for my birth sister. Once my mother finally realizes we won't respond to her antics I fear shell try to bother her next.

• Members

Will be praying for God's will in the situation.

Might I suggest that if you are not living in the land promised to JacOB, that instead of tithing your money to the Church you use it toward your medical bills and other household bills? God does not require tithes of anyone living outside of Israel... no matter what pastors tell you.

• Members

Will be praying for God's will in the situation.
Might I suggest that if you are not living in the land promised to JacOB, that instead of tithing your money to the Church you use it toward your medical bills and other household bills? God does not require tithes of anyone living outside of Israel... no matter what pastors tell you.

My house always tithe. It's a conviction my husband and I both have and it's never been a burden. We've had months where we couldn't afford to tithe and did anyways and God has literally paid the rent or made it so we could afford food. I don't see how going against a hard prayed and studied conviction is any solution.

• Administrators

Betty Ann, I'm so sorry you're going through this!  Will be praying. Have you thought about calling a lawyer for a free phone consult and asking him if it's possible for your mom to stop you from getting the money that way? If it's a trust, I don't think she'll be able to break it.  Something else to consider is possibly getting a restraining order. I know that seems drastic because it is your birth mom, but it might be something to do...

• Members

Happy, we luckily have a retired lawyer in our church who is going to help us out at his old firm so we can retain them. He's assured me that it takes lots of time,effort and money to try to become a conservator so it's not a very good chance she'll try it but you never know. Hate can push people to very far ends.

• Members

Standing, the thing is its a conviction to tithe and I'm not about to compromise on actual conviction. Plus my husband has set that as a house rule so even if I didn't want to I have no choice. Before all that were a small church right outside the entrance to Yellowstone Park so we are a song place to very many people and tracts,electricity,Bibles....it all adds up. So if we dint all do what we can in some way we're a missing stop sign between lots of people and hell. Our house's way of support is through tithing, that's all.

And I've no idea what you mean by being outside Israel so that's just over my head.

• Members

Matthew 10:35-36 (KJV)
35  For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36  And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

I am with you in this battle with family.  It is the most difficult battle you can face with someone because you care so much for those who are your foes.

• Members

Matthew 10:35-36 (KJV)
35  For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36  And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

I am with you in this battle with family.  It is the most difficult battle you can face with someone because you care so much for those who are your foes.

I'm there with you too.

Archived