• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Text In Grey And Features Disabled

2bLikeJesus

• Members

I can't remember Weebly's pricing off the top of my head...

Seems like to get my own domain is around $40 a year? To get access to some of the extra features on Weebly, you have to upgrade from their free version to a paid version. I pay around $3 - $4 a month for their lowest priced paid version...like I said, I only did that to get the ability to host my own sermon files. I do know that the ability to have the slide-show in the header is the next paid version up from mine...I think it's around $6 - $7 a month. They don't charge by the month; it's a one time yearly fee. 

They do have incentives to lower the price for their paid versions; such as, referring a friend. If your friend makes a site with them, they'll deduct a certain amount from your cost. Don't worry Bro. Garry, I wasn't trying to get a discount from referring you; I didn't even think about that. My cost is low anyway.

Whether you use Weebly or tackle doing it on your own like Jim_Alaska has done...be patient and have fun doing it. I'd love to be able to design my own like Jim_Alaska has done, but I just don't have it in me to do all the HTML, CSS, etc.  Maybe one day though. Sounds like Jim_Alaska could be a good help for you if you go that route.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just as an example, here's something that I threw together using Weebly...it took me about 45 minutes. I used North Valley as my example. Granted, it's not quite the same, but then again, I didn't spend any time on it. I just wanted to give you an idea. I didn't make any active links that you can click on...if you hover your mouse pointer over "Media" (in the menu under the picture of the church), I made it as a drop-down menu...just so you can see how it works.

http://pretendchurch.weebly.com/

Pretend Baptist Church?  Wait?  Aren't they really Methodist?

Archived