• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Act 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

This Jesus looks like a normal man, who just flu off the earth until he entered the clouds. The shock seems to be that Jesus can now fly. 

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Rev 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God; 18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great. 19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

Rev19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. 21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee. And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark: But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

​This Jesus sounds terrifying. It seems to me He rides that white horse back to earth and kills until its a blood bath. 

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Yes but its only based on Revelation 19:14. I don't think those horses are for eating. 

(Today all animals are clean to eat, and from Noah to Moses all animals was clean to eat.)

Yes I know that is what is taught, but I am not so sure.  If the teaching is based on Acts 10, I would disagree as it is OBviously symbolic.  If it is based on Paul's teaching on meat, I can't remember the verses, then I may be convinced.

• Members

Jesus is God; God manifest in the flesh while on earth, now ascended to his heavenly throne. 

In the OT there were many manifestations of his presence with his people, pillars of fire & cloud, the tabernacle, then the temple. Supernatural victories were given. His judgements were administered sometimes by supernatural means such as the flood, fire from heaven,  the plagues, and locust swarms. DisOBedient Israel was often overrun by invaders.

The idea of God himself again assuming human form & wielding a sword to slaughter his enemies by a blood-bath is an extraordinary thought. It can only refer to a judgement by an invading army being used by God for his purposes.

• Members

Jesus is God; ..........cut............The idea of God himself again assuming human form & wielding a sword to slaughter his enemies by a blood-bath is an extraordinary thought. It can only refer to a judgement by an invading army being used by God for his purposes.

What form did Jesus turn into?

(edit adding question) You don't think Jesus will return with an army? Do you think he will return at all?

• Administrators

It can only refer to an invading army?  When it specifically says that the rider on the horse is the Word of God (John 1 shows us that is Christ) and is followed by the armies of heaven...all on white horses. It's kinda sad that man has to try and dilute what God has said... 

• Members

What form did Jesus turn into?

(edit adding question) You don't think Jesus will return with an army? Do you think he will return at all?

Jesus will return with those who sleep, who will be resurrected, Living believers will be changed & given resurrection bodies. 1 Cor. 15, 1 Thes. 4. That is the next great event of prophecy.

It can only refer to an invading army?  When it specifically says that the rider on the horse is the Word of God (John 1 shows us that is Christ) and is followed by the armies of heaven...all on white horses. It's kinda sad that man has to try and dilute what God has said... 

What does God ride on in the OT? Should we be "literal" in these references? What is the sword of his mouth? Why should he get personally involved in a physical battle when he has 12 legions of angels available? And why should resurrected saints enjoying perfect peace take up the sword? 

No. I believe Revelation concerns AD 70, though the wars against the Church did not stop then. starting at Rev.19 is not the best place. I start at the beginning. 

Jesus' return at the end of time will be final, for both saints & the reprOBate. See 2 Thes. 1. However, in his parable of the husbandmen, he spoke of coming to destroy them, & give the vineyard to others, That is the AD 70 judgement using foreign armies. 

Edit - spelling correction.

• Members

Zechariah 14:1-5

1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

4And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

5And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: (This happens in the middle of the 7 years when the antichrist sets up image and Israel rebels. They flee to the river ford on the Arnon River 1/3 of the way south on Jordan's side of the Dead Sea Isaiah 16:1-5)

and      the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.( This is when Revelation 19:11-21 happens)

• Members

Please, can somebody explain this "coming" in Jesus' husbandmen parable ?

Mark 12:1-12

What shall therefore the lord of the vineyard do? he will come and destroy the husbandmen, and will give the vineyard unto others.

The people of earth killed the prophets and Jesus the son. God will judge the earth and kill all the unbelievers during the 7 year tribulation and give the earth to the surviving believers to repopulate the earth Isaiah 65:17-25.

• Members

Please, can somebody explain this "coming" in Jesus' husbandmen parable ?

Mark 12:1-12

What shall therefore the lord of the vineyard do? he will come and destroy the husbandmen, and will give the vineyard unto others.

The people of earth killed the prophets and Jesus the son. God will judge the earth and kill all the unbelievers during the 7 year tribulation and give the earth to the surviving believers to repopulate the earth Isaiah 65:17-25.

No Eric - that must be wrong. Note v. 12:

And they sought to lay hold on him, but feared the people: for they knew that he had spoken the parable against them: and they left him, and went their way.

And note Isaiah 5:1-7

Archived