• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Agree Or Its Catholic Teaching

MountainChristian

• Members

As you can see, from Les Feldick teachings anyone who disagrees with their dispensations is part of catholic doctrine. This should help explain what we are seeing in other threads.

Now I’ve made comments in my classes over the years, that prOBably 85-90% of Christendom (when I use the word Christendom, remember, I’m talking about any organization or denomination or whatever you want to call it, that ascribes a least a part of their belief to the Bible.) So, 90% of Christendom, and I am including all of Protestantism, the Catholic Church and any others that are in this ballpark of Christendom, are of the opinion that since Israel killed her Messiah, that God literally put Israel out of His mind and transferred all of the promises given to Israel to "the Church". (LESSON THREE * PART I * BOOK 1)

There is a teaching amongst most of Christendom - Catholic and Protestant as well; that when Israel rejected their Messiah and crucified Him, God did away with all these promises to Israel and gave them to the new Israel - the Church. (Book 4 LESSON ONE * PART I)

You want to remember that shortly after 300 A.D. something fantastic took place. Emperor Constantine, the Roman Emperor, embraced Christianity. And when he did that, what did that do to the Church? It exploded in numbers. People came in by droves, because after all it was the thing to do. Then the Church fathers, Origen being the first one, were down there at a big seminary in Alexandria Egypt. When he saw that Christianity was exploding across the Roman Empire, he reflected back - the Jewish temple had been totally destroyed; the Jews had been uprooted out of their homeland and sent like vagabonds and Gypsies throughout the Roman Empire. So he got the great light bulb explosion in his mind that evidently God was all through with the Jew. He would have nothing more to do with them, and consequently, all of the promises that God had given to the Nation of Israel and to Abraham were now blotted out, and instead, God gives all those promises to the Church.

What does that do? It destroys all end-time prophecies, because as I stressed when we first started prophecy several months ago, all prophecy is directed solely to the Jew. So when you take the Jew off the scene, what do you do with prophecy? You throw it away. And that's exactly what they did. They took away all references to end-time prophecy, and would say it can't be, because Israel is no longer a viable thing. Then some years after Origen there came a great Roman Catholic Bishop named Augustine. He was a tremendous man, and sometimes I even make reference to some of his writings. But Augustine also followed this concept that since Christianity was engulfing the whole world, that is how the Kingdom would be brought in, and there would be no more need for the Tribulation or the Second Coming because the Church is the literal Kingdom. He even went so far as to feel that Satan was defeated and locked up at the time of the Crucifixion and the Resurrection. With that, they were already in the Kingdom.

It wasn't too long after Augustine, as the world was already starting to slip deeper and deeper into sin, that they realized their concept wasn't true. Then Augustine precipitated what we call Amillennialism. That all the promises given to Israel had now been given to the Church. And there were no prophecies left to fulfill.

Then the reformers came along. Martin Luther, Calvin and all the rest. That was about 1511 AD. They were so caught up in this whole concept of salvation and faith, doing away with the excesses that Roman Catholicism had brought in at that time, that they didn't get to the place where they considered what we call eschatology or end-time events. Even from the Reformation there was nothing taught concerning the end-time. (Book 13 LESSON THREE * PART II)

Moses the giver of the Law to the Nation of Israel on Mount Sinai, and then comes the Apostle Paul (I think also at Mount Sinai), and God gives him these doctrines of Grace. I think these two great men, in their own respective areas, are the greatest two men in all human history. Both of them make that kind of statement concerning the Nation of Israel. I'm pointing this out to say that prOBably 90% of Christendom, including the Roman Catholics, as well as Protestants, is of the opinion that God is all through with the Nation of Israel. That God has nothing more to do with the Jew because they rejected and crucified their Messiah. They've been called everything and anything ever since. (Book 23 LESSON THREE * PART IV)

Remember I'm always emphasizing that the largest part of Christendom, and I'm including the Roman Catholics, the Protestants, and many other groups refuse to accept the fact that God is not through with the Nation of Israel. Most of them have set Israel aside. Even back in the Reformation most of them were basically anti-Semitic because they accused Israel of being the Christ killer, and consequently God had turned to the Church with all of the promises given to Israel because He was through with that little Covenant nation, but I always say, "Don't you believe it!" (Book 24 LESSON TWO * PART I)

I would again just in general say that 90% of Christendom, and I'm including Protestant, Catholic, and all the rest that use the Bible as their rules of order, are still living under a "Works Religion." (Book 24 LESSON TWO * PART II)

Ignorance is not a lack of brain cells, but rather a lack of having been taught. And I think that's where the church, if I may use the term generally speaking, has failed so miserably because they have not taught their people. And it doesn't matter what group it is. I maintain you ask the average Roman Catholic, "What do you believe?" you will find that most of them can't tell you. You can ask the average Episcopalian, Baptist, Methodist, or any other group and most of them cannot tell you what they really believe. (Book 25 LESSON TWO * PART I)

People even today need doctrine as very few professing believers today have a good solid understanding of doctrine. I've learned over the years that most Catholics, Baptists, Methodists, Presbyterians, or just about any other denomination don't really know what they believe. And if you doubt that, just ask people what they really believe, and most of them can't tell you much. (Book 28 LESSON THREE * PART I)

And then I was really shocked when I got into Augustine. You know I’ve been rather critical of Augustine, because after all he became the father of Roman Catholicism. Yet even Augustine maintained that the Rock on which Christ was speaking was Himself—not Peter, but Himself.

Of course, we are all aware that Roman Catholicism stresses the fact that that’s why Peter became the first pope, because of this statement right here. But the Roman Catholics aren’t alone. There are a lot of other Protestant groups that adhere to the same thing. (Book 78 Lesson One • Part I)

Origen, O-r-i-g-e-n, one of the early church fathers was the first one to promote replacement theology. And of course the reason was, Origen lived after A.D.100, around A.D.135 AD. He, of course, had witnessed the destruction of the Temple, the destruction of Jerusalem. and the dispersion of the Jews. And the Jews were already all around the then-known world. Well, he came to conclusion that God was all through with the Jewish people and that in time they would assimilate and disappear. Now that’s why we call it replacement theology, because the Church was supposedly picking up what Israel dropped.

Well, it was one of the most awful, awful things to come out of the early church fathers. Because this is the reason, now, that all of your mainline Protestant denominations coming out of Roman Catholicism in 1511 never heard it. Never considered it. Until this very day. (Book 82 LESSON TWO * PART II)

• Members

While there are some Catholic doctrines that are being taught in our IFB and other mainstream denomination churches,  Dispensational Theology did not originate with the Catholic religious system.

Key phrases to study in the Word of God that clearly teach dispensations include:

"But now,"
"in times past"

et.al.

Archived