• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why Men Sometimes Don't Understand Women Shopping

2bLikeJesus

• Members

We live in a disposable society. Things aren't made to last or to be repaired.

Thankfully, my Aunt and her friend are both church ladies in their 60s and they are near the size of my wife. This works out well because the clothes they buy are nice, modest and fine for church or elsewhere.

I wear my clothes until they are no longer fit to be worn. Even then I turn some of those into yard work clothes and get some more use out of them.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't shop. I'm a hunter / gatherer. I wear the same brand of jeans that I've worn for the last 30 years. Wrangler 13MWZ Cowboy Cut. (Although the size is not exactly the same as 30 years ago). They wear out and I go to the store that I know sells them and get more. My boots wear out about every 15 - 20 years (I only buy really good boots) and those are a little harder to replace, they become like old friends. But they are all Tony Llama's, have been for decades. Hiking shoes? Morrell's. If they don't have the style I just wore out, it only takes me long enough to find the new style closest to what I had last.

I love being a guy :bleh:

• Members

It's great being like that. We never have to worry about being in style because our style remains the same. At some point, what we wear will be in style and others will be copying us for awhile but it doesn't matter to us either way.

The type of clothes I wear hasn't changed much at all over the course of my life. I must have got that from my Dad who wears today the same as he always has.

A picture from today or 30 years ago and the clothing looks the same.

• Members

I don't shop. I'm a hunter / gatherer. I wear the same brand of jeans that I've worn for the last 30 years. Wrangler 13MWZ Cowboy Cut. (Although the size is not exactly the same as 30 years ago). They wear out and I go to the store that I know sells them and get more. My boots wear out about every 15 - 20 years (I only buy really good boots) and those are a little harder to replace, they become like old friends. But they are all Tony Llama's, have been for decades. Hiking shoes? Morrell's. If they don't have the style I just wore out, it only takes me long enough to find the new style closest to what I had last.

I love being a guy :bleh:

I was with you until you got to hiking boots.  Nothing is better than Danner Boots for hiking.  Though good Danner Boots will set you back 150 - 400 bucks. 

I love being a guy AND having actual mountains, rivers, streams, and waterfalls to hike in and to.   :bleh:

A "foothill" in FLAT Kansas is otherwise known as an "ant hill" in Oregon.   :nanner:  In Oregon, if it doesn't have snow on it, or it hasn't recently erupted, it isn't really a mountain.

• Members

I was with you until you got to hiking boots.  Nothing is better than Danner Boots for hiking.  Though good Danner Boots will set you back 150 - 400 bucks. 

I love being a guy AND having actual mountains, rivers, streams, and waterfalls to hike in and to.   :bleh:

A "foothill" in FLAT Kansas is otherwise known as an "ant hill" in Oregon.   :nanner:

Yep, except....

Only 4 months in Kansas

2 years in the mountains of Papua New Guinea,

2 years in Cody, Wyoming,

2 years in Salida, Colorado

and about 13 years in Alaska :D

The best hiking boots I ever had were Vasque Sundowners before they moved to China and when the were still made from Italian leather. I've had Danner's and they were great. Most of my mountain time is actually spent on horseback wearing Tony Llama's. Morrell's take care of everything else. Like the month I just spent in the Kalahari Desert in Botswana, Africa back in March this year.

Archived