• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why Men Sometimes Don't Understand Women Shopping

2bLikeJesus

• Members

During my recent family reunion, one of the activities I was able to participate in was going shopping with my sister and daughter.  I have not been shopping for womens clothing in over 20 years now since I am now a bachelor.  It was extremely comical to me some of the names of the shops and clothing brands and I was wondering...really...this is for women and you call it THAT? 

Shops like "The Dress BARN".  A barn, for women to shop in?!   :ROFL:

Brand names like:  Sag Harbor....I could invision my grandma needing such clothes.   :nuts:

And snack food afterwards called "Skinny Cow"... :nanner:

Bro. Garry

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I rarely ever found decent clothes at Walmart. The skirts and dresses are a joke. Once in awhile I could find a casual top that was modest, looked nice, and was comfortable, but not often. Last time I was there, I couldn't find any tops worth wearing, maybe for use as grease rags or for drying off my dog....

I've heard of the Dress Barn but can't recall if I've ever shopped in one, but when I read the name I think large warehouse, not really an animal barn... 

Never heard of Sag Harbor... 

What is Skinny Cow? Makes me think of a "light" dairy type food with no flavor.... (is it a calorie free ice cream? yuck.)

• Members

Skinny cow is light ice cream, but I can't remember what it is light in..... :lol:
Tastes fine though.

I think John was referring to the less that flattering term used for a lady who is not the nicest person you will meet.

• Members

I highly dislike shopping. I had to shop for walking shoes last week and it took me forever to find a pair in my size that wasn't pink, purple, yellow, or a multitude of colors. Hopefully these will last longer than my last pair (six months and the soles are coming off, tried super gluing so I wouldn't have to buy new ones, but it didn't work).

• Members

Isn't Blair a witch or something?

Thankfully I don't clothes shop very often at all. My clothes tend to last a long time. Also, very thankfully, I don't have the same prOBlem the ladies do in trying to find clothes that look good, are modest, and still comfortable.

My Aunt and a friend of hers go through clothes like crazy so usually a couple times a year they toss out what they don't want anymore. My Aunt will call my wife and let her know she has a big box or big bag full of clothes she can have. Since most of what they get rid of are tops, I can't even remember the last time my wife has had to shop for a top. The clothes they get rid of are usually only 6 months to a year old, and every so often the tags are still on them!

So, for my wife anyway, it works out good that my Aunt and her friend like to clothes shop.

• Members

Your fortunate that your family isn't like mine.  I would have to sew together or combine several articles of clothing to get one that would cover the body if a relative of mine donated clothes.  We would all have to wear "coats of many colors".   :ROFL:

• Members

I highly dislike shopping. I had to shop for walking shoes last week and it took me forever to find a pair in my size that wasn't pink, purple, yellow, or a multitude of colors. Hopefully these will last longer than my last pair (six months and the soles are coming off, tried super gluing so I wouldn't have to buy new ones, but it didn't work).

For shoe repairs, where the sole or heel is coming away, I use a contact adhesive, as used for sticking work tops. You spread it on both surfaces, press together & peel apart & allow to dry open for about 15 minutes. When it fells dry, press firmly together.

• Members

I can remember when the shoes were of a high enough quality that they could be repaired . . . . new soles, new heels.  Has anyone looked for a shoe repairman lately?

I did, and found one about 3 blocks from my house, but he was lousy.  After a couple of days, nails he used to put new heels on my shoes worked their way through into my shoe leaving me with bloody socks.  Unlike Curt Schilling, my bloody sock is not destined for the "Hall of Fame".   :bleh:

Archived