• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Peter Teaching Grace And Kingdom

MountainChristian

• Members

Acts 2:38

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ

for the remission of sins, and [then] ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Please post the location of your plot of land in Israel and what tribe you are,

so we can be informed of your place in the Kingdom... oh wait!... the King has not come yet.

Your verse points to gospel of grace for the Jewish people. 

Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save (only) his people from their sins.

By adding leaven to the verse, it changes the Word of God.

• Members

Beameup said...

You left out some verses that came before Acts 2:38...

Acts 2:22-24
  22   Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
  23   Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
  24   Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Verse 23 - The death, burial...

Verse 24 - and resurrection of Jesus Christ

Acts 2:31
He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

Again...the resurrection, and the death and burial of Jesus Christ.

Acts 2:32
This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Wow! Peter keeps hammering home the fact that Jesus Christ rose from the dead!

Acts 2:36
Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

And he keeps hammering home the fact of Jesus' death and resurrection!

But according to you...AND...Les Feldick...Peter never preached the death, burial, and resurrection.  :scratchchin:

Link please.

Acts 2:38

"...Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Is there any mention of the death, burial, and Resurrection? Any mention of the shed blood for atonement? Not a word. But only the name. When you talk about the name of someone, what does that imply? Who he is. If I say the name of one of our Presidents, what do you associate that with? The White House. You speak the name and immediately it's the position that you're tied to. So, Peter doesn't mention death, burial, and Resurrection. But what were they to put their faith in? Who Jesus was. He was The Christ their Messiah, and they had killed Him. But God had raised Him from the dead. They were to repent and be baptized for the remission of sins and then they would receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

That is Les Feldick's teaching word for word.

E. “The book of Acts consistently presents the same keys, the same plan of salvation.”

It does if you are as blind as blind Bartimaeus on a weekend drunk—just as blind as a bat backing into a blizzard. There are SIX “plans of salvation” in the book of Acts, as God continued to reveal more light on “the gospel of the grace of God” (Acts 20:24) (which was not revealed to Peter; it was revealed to Paul—Gal. 1, 2). Peter himself testifies to Paul’s “plan of salvation” in Acts 15:11. Read it. I said, “Read it.” Read it or shut your big, tongue-wagging blabber mouth.
1. Salvation by repentance and water baptism with NO tongues as evidence in a single convert (Acts 2:38).
2. Salvation by belief and water baptism without any convert speaking in tongues (Acts 8:12).
3. Salvation by grace through faith before water baptism or tongues (Acts 10:44).
4. Salvation by grace through faith after water baptism (Acts 19:2–6).
5. Salvation by belief and baptism without getting the Holy Spirit (Acts 8:16).
6. Salvation by grace through faith without tongues or water baptism (Acts 8:37) and without tongues or laying on of hands (Acts 8:38). (Bible Believers' Bulletin Jan. 2007, p. 16)

Peter Ruckman is much worse he has 6 different salvations in the book of acts.

They remove Jesus' blood atonement from salvation. By removing Jesus' sacrifice on the cross they belittle Jesus. 

• Members

"cut, paste, edit, misquote"  to attribute things beameup supposedly said

Anyone who goes to your lengths to slander another is deserving of a rebuke.

"Link please" means provide a link where "beameup said".

Thou shalt not bear false witness  Exo 20:16

• Members

Anyone who goes to your lengths to slander another is deserving of a rebuke.

"Link please" means provide a link where "beameup said".

Thou shalt not bear false witness  Exo 20:16

Through the Bible with Les Feldick, Book 17, LESSON TWO  PART IV (http://www.lesfeldick.org/lesbk17.html)

slan·der

noun
the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

verb
verb: slander; 3rd person present: slanders; past tense: slandered; past participle: slandered; gerund or present participle: slandering
make false and damaging statements about (someone).

quoting someone word for word isn't slander, or bearing false witness

• Members

Through the Bible with Les Feldick, Book 17, LESSON TWO  PART IV (http://www.lesfeldick.org/lesbk17.html)

slan·der

noun
the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

verb
verb: slander; 3rd person present: slanders; past tense: slandered; past participle: slandered; gerund or present participle: slandering
make false and damaging statements about (someone).

quoting someone word for word isn't slander, or bearing false witness

No one here except you is interested in watching Les Feldick.  You seem to be a big fan of his TV program. :nuts:

Like I said, he is not on TV where I reside, but OBviously you look forward to his program. hahahahahahahahahaha

Keep cutting and pasting and taking things I posted out of context... it reflects on who you really are.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prov 10:18 He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.

• Members

No one here except you is interested in watching Les Feldick. You seem to be a big fan of his TV program. :nuts:
Like I said, he is not on TV where I reside, but OBviously you look forward to his program. hahahahahahahahahaha

Keep cutting and pasting and taking things I posted out of context... it reflects on who you really are.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prov 10:18 He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.

It has already been pointed out that YOU distinctly recommended this Les Feldick bloke.

Someone in this thread needs censure, but it certainly is not MountainChristian.

• Members

It has already been pointed out that YOU distinctly recommended this Les Feldick bloke.

I recommended Feldick once as an example of someone on TV that understands "rightly dividing" of Scripture.  I will also recommend Ruckman and Richard Jordan

A half-hour of watching should give one an understanding of the concept.  Further "watching" will not further the understanding of "rightly dividing"... unless one is "thick" [Prov 7:7]

However, it appears that MountainChristian is addicted to watching Les Feldick.  

BTW, do they understand the difference between "watch" and "recommend" Down Under?

Study to shew thyself approved unto God,

a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,

rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Tim 2:15

• Members

You are the one making false accusations and snide remarks - and refusing to answer legitimate questions.
Worse, you are missapplying Scripture to individuals in order to make these false accusations.

• Members

Thanks for the edit.......

I understand you completely.

You are pushing a false doctrine which has been pointed out by use of Scripture.
You are making false accusations against many members here BECAUSE YOU ARE UNABLE to counter the Scripture used to destroy your false teaching.
You make belittling personal attacks against various members here, because you have no genuine defense for your position.

In short, you are trying to bully everyone here into submission.

You are clearly a false teacher and I have no idea how one such as you can continue to have access to the IFB portion of this site when it is becoming more and more OBvious that you are not IFB.

• Members

beameup,

How can you recommend Feldick if you're unfamiliar with him? You've either watched him in the past or read his teachings. I think most here would agree that we wouldn't recommend a teacher to someone if we didn't know first-hand what they teach.

Like I said, it is immediately evident within a few minutes that he comprehends "rightly dividing".

Before I flipped the TV onto his program (quite by coincidence), I already knew "rightly dividing"

by my own research without ever hearing about the concept or even having a name for it.

You either "comprehend" it or you don't.

Romans 11:13

1 Timothy 2:7

2 Timothy 1:11

• Members

Here's another teaching by Peter...I wanted to put it in the Dispensations thread, but I had already bowed out of that one; however, it fits nicely here too!

Acts 10:43
To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Peter is testifying to the fact and the truth that the Old Testament prophets give witness that remission of sins (salvation) came through...

Keeping the law? No.

Keeping the law plus faith? No.

Works? No.

Works plus faith? No.

Their witness is that salvation is granted to WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM.

Faith? YES!

Faith in Jesus Christ? YES!

The Old Testament prophets are witnesses to this? YES!

Salvation has always been by grace through faith? YES!

• Members

Hello MountainChristian, and thank you very much for your post.

The “change” that God made in Peter’s message, has to do with what He(God), was doing with His people(the Jews).

Throughout the Gospels and indeed in Acts.3:19, the message of “the Kingdom” is being preached, because Jesus originally came, to bring God’s people(the Jews), back to God.
The message of “the Kingdom”, is a message of “repentance”: The Kind of repentance that a Christian must practice, to come back into a close walk with the LORD.
The Jews had backslidden, and needed to repent.
--------------
The change in Peter’s message, from Acts 3:19 to 2Peter, has to do with the change, that God had made in His dealings with His people the Jews.
A close study in Acts, can show how God had changed Paul’s message also.

When Paul started out, he was preaching for the Jews to repent come back into a fellowship with the LORD. Even though he had been sent to the Gentiles, he was still encountering Jews in every Synagogue he came to.

Notice how God changed His message to the Jews........
“Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.” (Acts 13:43)

You will notice, that here when the Jews “trusted Christ”, they simply.... “continued in the grace of God”, because as God’s people, they were already in possession of God’s Grace.

But just a few verses later (Acts 13:46), we come to the point in time, where God blinds the Jewish nation(as we see in Romans11:7). This blinding of the Jews meant, that from that moment on, Paul’s message to them changes and they are required to be “saved”, in the same way that the Gentiles had to be.
-----------------------
Therefore the change that you have pointed out, is simply a change in the way God is dealing with the Jewish nation.

Archived