• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PastorMatt

Welcome to the IFB forums

I wondering if you could make this forum invisible from regular posters. Seem like alot of them are not understanding and think we are snubbing them. They see the topic but get mad that they can't read it or reply. Just an idea.

I thought about that, but I want to give everyone that qualifies the opportunity to join. If they can't see it they will not know about it.

After that topic in the help form, I am understanding the need for this.

I was thinking the same thing. But why not have it "invitation only"? If you see someone who is genuinely IFB then invite them to join privately. We already know several who have decided they don't want to post on the main boards, we could invite them...and then others that have been faithful.

Also "invitation only" makes sure only the right people get in doubly sure. And it keeps it hidden and low profile to others.

I was thinking the same thing. But why not have it "invitation only"? If you see someone who is genuinely IFB then invite them to join privately. We already know several who have decided they don't want to post on the main boards, we could invite them...and then others that have been faithful.

Also "invitation only" makes sure only the right people get in doubly sure. And it keeps it hidden and low profile to others.

I thought about that, but I want to give everyone that qualifies the opportunity to join. If they can't see it they will not know about it.

After that topic in the help form, I am understanding the need for this.

I think they will natuarally see the "join the usergroup" in their CP and select it.

maybe make the "join the usergroup" more noticable.

good idea

It makes me happy to have a place where I don't have to get all nervous about posting. I've avoided posting in any of the serious topics because I get so tired of being shot down by people who believe weird stuff that goesn't line up with the Bible...and yet they're so stubborn you can't tell them that!

Anywho..thanks whoever came up with this idea. :)

I know what you mean, and also, if you ask a question on a board it will often start an argument with no real answer to your question. Not that it happened to me, but it did to my friend.

:lol:

I was a little hesitant about this forum at first because I didn't want it to appear snobbish but I can certainly see and feel the relaxation in here. Katie should be in here. I know she was getting discouraged with the other board...

:lol:

I was a little hesitant about this forum at first because I didn't want it to appear snobbish but I can certainly see and feel the relaxation in here. Katie should be in here. I know she was getting discouraged with the other board...

So true...does she know about it? I communicate with her on facebook almost every day, but I guess I haven't seen her on OB for a while.

Ashlee' date=' if your friend stopped posting here then I encourage you to tell her/him about this new forum set up. If you recommend them to me I will approve them for these forums.[/quote']

Thanks, I'll talk to her. Do I have to PM you to recommend her?