• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"after That Faith Is Come"

Ukulelemike

• Moderators

Galatians 3:23-25:

"But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster."

With many of the discussions going on lately, like dispensations and gospels and such, Though I would posit these verses and ask what they mean to us.

We say, "We are always saved by grace through faith", yet here we see Paul saying that BEFORE faith CAME, we were KEPT under the law, SHUT UP unto the faith that should be revealed.  What does he mean? Even though we see clearly that the patriarchs and prophets and kings and men practiced faith, how were they then shut up unto the faith to be revealed?

I am not seeking argument or dissention and seriously, I am not trying to trip anyone up-I seriously want to know what we think of these verses? It almost seems like there are different kinds of faith, and one particularly that was not in place until after Jesus' death, burial and resurrection.

What think ye?

Archived