• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayer For Family Reunion

2bLikeJesus

• Members

I will be gone for the next 4 days for a family reunion at Mt. Hood, OR.  We have never had a family reunion that I have been invited to since I was saved at 17 yrs old.  My entire family (except possibly my daughter) is lost, and very caustic towards God and church, which is why I have not been invited before.  We have had zero fellowship with my family for 37 years.  The family believes I have been caught in some fundamentalist cult churches for 37 years. Pray that this will go well and that even against all wishes that I somehow get the opportunity to present Christ.  Either by example only, or with your prayers, by a full gospel presentation. Especially pray that I can somehow reach my dad who has "disowned me" the day I got saved and turned down the family business. 

See you all on Monday!

Bro. Garry

• Members

May the Lord bless, keep and guide you in all this. I pray the Lord will soften hearts and open ears even as He shows you the door to step through in His timing to shine the light of Christ and speak His truth. The Lord grant you wisdom, strength and protection.

I'll be in prayer...

• Members

Thank you for your prayers.  It did not go well I am afraid.  Much prayer still needed for my entire family.  They seemed to go out of their way to make sure that every activity they did during the trip would exclude me because of my standards.  I would not go down to the beach/swimming area of the lake with my family and many others in almost nothing bathing suits.  I would not participate in their booze party and party games.  I would not dance to their music.  I would not play "strip poker" with them during the evening.  Instead, I volunteered to watch the small children for several hours while they wallowed in their sin.  Even that did not go well according to the adults because I spent those hours telling Bible Club stories and singing bible club childrens songs.  The kids and I had a BLAST!  It was awesome (may have led a 7 yr old friend of family to the Lord, hard to tell at that age), but boy were the parents upset that I was trying to brainwash their kids into my fanatacism.

The only relative I have that does not have an open hatred for God or anything to do with church is my daughter, who has a testimony of salvation, but I can see absolutely no fruit in her life, or any love for God and His word.  

However, when I was able to get alone and hike I found the area amazing!  Here is a picture directly from our campsite.  Further proof that if Oregon is not God's country, it is at least where he vacations! 

20140828_100407_zps4b391d19.jpg

• Members

Thank you for your prayers. It did not go well I am afraid. Much prayer still needed for my entire family. They seemed to go out of their way to make sure that every activity they did during the trip would exclude me because of my standards. I would not go down to the beach/swimming area of the lake with my family and many others in almost nothing bathing suits. I would not participate in their booze party and party games. I would not dance to their music. I would not play "strip poker" with them during the evening. Instead, I volunteered to watch the small children for several hours while they wallowed in their sin. Even that did not go well according to the adults because I spent those hours telling Bible Club stories and singing bible club childrens songs. The kids and I had a BLAST! It was awesome (may have led a 7 yr old friend of family to the Lord, hard to tell at that age), but boy were the parents upset that I was trying to brainwash their kids into my fanatacism.

The only relative I have that does not have an open hatred for God or anything to do with church is my daughter, who has a testimony of salvation, but I can see absolutely no fruit in her life, or any love for God and His word.

However, when I was able to get alone and hike I found the area amazing! Here is a picture directly from our campsite. Further proof that if Oregon is not God's country, it is at least where he vacations!

Posted Image

Beatiful!

I miss it.

When I lived in Walla Walla, I went into the Oregon mountains regularly. They are closer than Spokane or Seattle is.
There was one place, near the OR/WA border, where the highway comes aroind a curve and WOW!, you are suddenly overlooking a huge valley, with a lake, cattle farm, just green everywhere!
If you arent from WallaWalla, you dont know that it is in a desert.

So Oregon was the oasis for me.

• Members

It's good you got the Word out to the children for we know His Word never returns void.

My family is totally resistant to my sharing Christ with them. Jesus had the same reaction with His family and home town folks. In our case, we finally reached the point to where unless they bring something up (which they aren't about to do) I don't say anything. I keep them in my prayers that the Lord will give them ears to hear and soften their hearts and send that someone to each of them that the Holy Ghost can use to bring them to salvation in Christ.

In the meantime, I limit time with them because they can't hardly say a sentence without cussing and most often with that involving the sinful use of God or Jesus in their cussing.

I pray the Lord will do a work with your family, including your daughter, so they will be open to the Gospel and drawn to following Christ.

Archived