• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hello

weary warrior

• Members

New to the forum. Not really looking to debate, do not want to argue at all, just looking for some like-minded fellowship and encouragement, and the opportunity to hopefully return the encouragement. I tried another Baptist forum this week, and have quietly come over here instead. I look forward to meeting you all.

• Members

Welcome, weary!

I understand that you were once a member of Ken Blue's church. I attended there as well for a short time, about 28 years ago. I was a student in the Bible Institute for about ... one semester.

I actually took Bro. Blue's daughter bowling one day. I can't even remember the poor girl's name now, we were not what one would deem a compatible couple. I do remember that she was gracious and polite, but just being gracious and polite. Hillbilly though I was, I had enough brains to figure out that if I asked her out again, it would just be too cruel. One can only stretch politeness so far. When I got home and my roommate asked me where I had been, he was horrified at the answer. That I had the temerity and unmitigated gall to pull up to Pastor Ken Blue's house in the middle of the day, in my $150.00 1972 Buick Le Sabre, on a Saturday, and ask his daughter if she wanted to go bowling was beyond his comprehension. By the end of the semester I called my folks, said put on a pot of pinto beans and some cornbread, 'cause I'm coming home. These folks are just different . :mock:

• Administrators

I understand that you were once a member of Ken Blue's church. I attended there as well for a short time, about 28 years ago. I was a student in the Bible Institute for about ... one semester.

I actually took Bro. Blue's daughter bowling one day. I can't even remember the poor girl's name now, we were not what one would deem a compatible couple. I do remember that she was gracious and polite, but just being gracious and polite. Hillbilly though I was, I had enough brains to figure out that if I asked her out again, it would just be too cruel. One can only stretch politeness so far. When I got home and my roommate asked me where I had been, he was horrified at the answer. That I had the temerity and unmitigated gall to pull up to Pastor Ken Blue's house in the middle of the day, in my $150.00 1972 Buick Le Sabre, on a Saturday, and ask his daughter if she wanted to go bowling was beyond his comprehension. By the end of the semester I called my folks, said put on a pot of pinto beans and some cornbread, 'cause I'm coming home. These folks are just different . :mock:

We moved away from there in 1972. When my hubby was considering colleges, he looked into Open Door, but it had already closed.

Her name was Lisa. Small, small world!

• Administrators

New to the forum. Not really looking to debate, do not want to argue at all, just looking for some like-minded fellowship and encouragement, and the opportunity to hopefully return the encouragement. I tried another Baptist forum this week, and have quietly come over here instead. I look forward to meeting you all.

Welcome to OB. Glad to have you hear.

Archived