• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What Does Jesus Mean To You?

Jordan Kurecki

• Members

Today I have been reflecting upon Jesus a lot, reflecting upon how my life has changed, I want to share what Jesus means to me.

God has brought me so far since I got saved in November of 2011, I was a worthless drug addict, sex addict, thief, I was living for my self, I have been selfish since birth. I have always been a loser and a nOBody with no future. But God changed me and saved me, and he called me to preach. 

Tonight I preached a message on Psalm 51 and having a clean heart and God used it, What a privilege it is to be able to say anything on behalf of the Lord Jesus, I am so unbelievably grateful that God would allow a nOBody to preach about the greatest person to ever walk this earth. I cannot get over how good Jesus has been to me, he has supplied all my needs, I have no reason to complain about anything in life. I am chief among sinners, who's best friend is royalty, The fact Jesus Christ cares for me personally and wants to have a relationship with me is beautiful.

to me Jesus is the joy of living, he is life itself, he is love, he is compassion, he is the reason for life, he is the motivation for life, How can one put into words all that Jesus is?

Jesus Christ is so wonderful, my biggest desire in life is not for me to be known, for i am not worthy to be known, I want others to know Jesus Christ, to know him in the fullest extent, Not to just have a head knowledge, but to know him in the deepest personal way.

I have not been able to stop thinking about Christ, I do not know how I have had such a low view of him being a Christian, There cannot enough be said about the Lord Jesus Christ to do him justice, an eternity of praise shall never be enough to show how great Jesus Christ truly is.

to sum things up: Jesus is everything to me, I am nothing without him, with him I am everything and more, He is the living water that if you taste you shall never thirst again, I want everyone to know, That I love Jesus Christ, and if you don't know him, please seek to know him, He satisfies. 

What does Jesus mean to you?

• Members

Well this one will be a twist from what you often hear.  By the worlds standards I was not pulled up out of deep sin.  I was not headed for prison or a alcohol or drug induced early grave.  Where I was headed was a life of extreme financial success, and the jet setter life of whatever pleasures money could buy.  Because of family and friends of family, I had an inside track, paved with gold, direct path to a stock brokerage partnership handed to me on a silver platter.  I would have been a very successful stock broker.  As a 17 yr old intern in the business I was already out performing many of the seasoned pro's, and my success was starting to attract a lot of women and the temptations (I wish I could say I resisted all those temptations) that went with it.  I was so close to "not needing God or anyone", because I had all I needed by my own hand.

Praise the Lord he saved me from such a life!  I mean that from the bottom of my heart.  My family didn't understand, and to this day do not understand, and unless God saves them, they may never understand.  I have ZERO relationship now with anyone in my family except for my one daughter and my grandkids by her.  I have never gotten into any fights with any in my family, but I am the "Wacko, that is trapped into one of those kool-aid drinking extreme fundamentalist cults", and they avoid me like the plague. But God never pulls you out of a worldly family but that He doesn't step up an replace my father Himself, and adopt me into a much better loving family.  I couldn't imagine a better family on this planet than the Family of God I belong to at my local church.  

If there was no such thing as hell, and no such thing as heaven;  I would not trade the Christian life I have lived...there are not enough riches in the world that could possibly make me happier than living a life for God has made me!

No words can possibly discribe what Jesus really means to me.  He is my all in all.  

Bro. Garry

In His will.  By His power.  For His glory.

Archived