• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Dispensations

AVBibleBeliever

• Members

And THAT unites you with RCs for whom the cross is central - in the mass, in the churches & around their necks.

No! It is faith in the crucified & RISEN Lord Jesus Christ. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent .

there you go making the cross a piece of jewelery or a symbol.  I never said the cross was any of that, and in every instance I mention that Jesus died for our sins" the resurrection is there.  Stop ignoring the context of the cross it always include the resurrection.  I never said he was not Lord, or Christ, or the Messiah of Israel.  I never said he was not the son of God.

The cross is the substitutionary death of Christ dying for our sins. rising again proves his deity and his sinlessness, resurrection shows he has the power to give eternal life to those who believe on his cross(a mature Christian knows what we mean by the cross). 

What was it that Paul preached?  Oh yeah that  1Cor :3,4 . . . "Jesus Christ died for our sins".

Ro 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What was laid forth was that some believe.  that one must believe he is the Messiah to get saved, or that he is the Son of God or the Christ.  None of which save...

...Would you go a tell people today just believe Jesus in the Christ and you are born again? Nothing more nothing less.  is that the gospel of Grace?

Here you are claiming that others on this thread have espoused the belief that all one needs to believe to be saved is who Jesus is, not what He did at Calvary. Yet no-one here has said this. Every time you've accused someone of holding to that belief, they've clarified that they believe that the Gospel is a message about both who Jesus is and what He did on the cross. So, to use your favourite word, this claim of yours is nonsense. If I am wrong here, by all means prove it by quoting one person in this thread who has "laid forth" what you are claiming they have.

Secondly, your repeated claim that others here are representing you as saying that Jesus was not the Christ/Messiah/Son of God is also untrue--not a single person has said that about you. Again, by all means prove it by quoting where they have.

What folk have been claiming is that the blood shed at Calvary has power precisely because of whose blood it was, and that therefore any meaningful belief about the cross must include a belief about who was crucified on it.

If you want to disagree with that, it would prOBably be helpful if you were to unpack your own view a bit more, e.g. do you think any beliefs about Jesus are needed for salvation? But up to now all you've done is represented the argument above as some sort of claim that belief in the cross isn't necessary for salvation, which clearly is not what is being said.

• Administrators

AVBB, you make disparaging comments to people with absolute arrogance.  You are the one claiming nonsense.  Christ's death on the cross would have been of no value to sinners had He not been the Son of God.  The Bible is rife with scripture that proves that salvation is through Him and Him alone.  We all know He had to die on the cross and that He shed His blood for us.  But it is because He is the Son of God that His blood is efficacious.  

Stop trying to appear more spiritually intelligent than others.  I know you'll deny it, but that is exactly what you are doing when you disparage people.  Put a stop to it.

• Members

Read the following preaching of Peter and Identify one sentence that he tells them that "Jesus Christ died for their sins"  See if you can Identify the difference in what Paul taught in 1Cor 15:3&4 and what Peter and Philip taught below?  the key is "Jesus Christ died for our sins".

It is quietly strange that "Jesus Christ died for our sins" is missing from what Peter and Philip preached, or is it because they are preaching a Kingdom Gospel of which Jesus commissioned them too for all Israel?

The central theme of gospel of the grace of God is that "Jesus died for our sins"

1Pe 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

There is the Kingdom Gospel, written by Peter's pen. Isn't Peter the apostle to the circumcised? 

Mark 8:18 Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not remember?

• Administrators

Thanks, but I have a very clear understanding of it and it's pervasive growth into Baptist churches.

When I challenged you before to name those churchs you admitted that they were not churches, but message forums. Now we are back to churches?   Name them!

You must have visited a lot of them to be able to make such broad statements about their apostasy.

• Members

When I challenged you before to name those churchs you admitted that they were not churches, but message forums. Now we are back to churches?   Name them!

You must have visited a lot of them to be able to make such broad statements about their apostasy.

I won't respond to you because you have publicly stated here that you are a "novice" at Baptist bulletin boards,

and it would seem that you are also lacking in experience with Baptist churches outside of your own particular situation.

You also claimed that the Baptist church (?) was the original "church" and that it existed from the earliest centuries A.D., long before the Reformation.

One who is able to teach/inform must be "qualified" (experienced) to do so.  One who merely "jumps on board" to criticize others....

well, let's just say that there are some Proverbs that are directed at that.

In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel Romans 2:16

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ,

according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,  Romans 16:25

• Moderators

I won't respond to you because you have publicly stated here that you are a "novice" at Baptist bulletin boards,

and it would seem that you are also lacking in experience with Baptist churches outside of your own particular situation.

You also claimed that the Baptist church (?) was the original "church" and that it existed from the earliest centuries A.D., long before the Reformation.

One who is able to teach/inform must be "qualified" (experienced) to do so.  One who merely "jumps on board" to criticize others....

well, let's just say that there are some Proverbs that are directed at that.

In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel Romans 2:16

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ,

according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,  Romans 16:25

Glad to see you know everything about others' experience and qualifications.  What does someone else's level of experience with online forums have to do with whether or not you have facts to back up your case? Either present the facts or admit you don't have them.

And, beammeup? That statement above was incredibly rude and arrogant. You will cease and desist the personal remarks.

• Administrators

and it would seem...

Well, that's a pretty poor reason, and an assumption ("it would seem" is always an assumption) on your part.  One being a novice at something does not negate one's right to ask questions...in fact, a novice would ask more questions than an "expert" because said expert already knows everything.

That said, cut out the condescending garbage, beammeup.  I'm not only getting tired of some of the nonsense you "teach", I'm tired of your attitude.  So cut it out.  And show your spiritual maturity by answering folks' questions without thinking you're more spiritual than everyone else.

• Members

Glad to see you know everything about others' experience and qualifications.  What does someone else's level of experience with online forums have to do with whether or not you have facts to back up your case? Either present the facts or admit you don't have them.

And, beammeup? That statement above was incredibly rude and arrogant. You will cease and desist the personal remarks.

I was attempting to "inform" some, but you informed me that it was a sort of spam.

If one doesn't even understand the "descriptive terms" that are in the post

then demanding that I "respond" to their demands would be "baiting" IMO.

If someone wants to know something specific, then it is not unreasonable

that they at least do some preliminary research so that they have a rudimentary

understanding of the subject at hand and terminology used.

BTW, there is a "Brider" who posts here... but I guess you don't recognize that.

As well, there appears to be a couple of amillennialists (R.T.) on the board.

Anyway, my apologies if I was perceived as being offensive in my response.

I will respond kindly with those who have a rudimentary understanding of the

subjects that I'm familiar with (for example, departure from Pauline doctrine).

I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which

we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.  Gal 1:6-8

• Moderators

I was attempting to "inform" some, but you informed me that it was a sort of spam.

If one doesn't even understand the "descriptive terms" that are in the post

then demanding that I "respond" to their demands would be "baiting" IMO.

If someone wants to know something specific, then it is not unreasonable

that they at least do some preliminary research so that they have a rudimentary

understanding of the subject at hand and terminology used.

BTW, there is a "Brider" who posts here... but I guess you don't recognize that.

As well, there appears to be a couple of amillennialists (R.T.) on the board.

When holding a conversation, it is not unreasonable to expect that the one claiming superior knowledge be willing to share that.
Furthermore, it is not baiting to request that information as part of an existing thread. Not at all the same thing as starting multiple threads on the same topic. It was a reasonable request and deserved a reasonable answer.

I just love how people like to point fingers at others' doctrine. Y'all want to know why we don't insta-ban people for holding different doctrines? It's because, at the end of the day, very few of us agree with each other on everything. There wouldn't be anyone left!

That being said, a mod (actually two mods) have told you to stop being rude & condescending, and you responded by being condescending to said mod. Stop means stop. 

Archived