• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Dispensations

AVBibleBeliever

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does anyone get saved today because they believe Jesus is the Christ?  or the son of God? or the Messiah?

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

If you wasn't saved by belief, how was you saved?

• Members

So where would the population of earth ended if there had been no sin and no death coming into the world? after 6 or 7 thousand years we´d be piled up upon each other with no room at all.... sort of makes sense that God never intended to confine man to this earth alone.....

Genesis 3:16 (KJV)
16  Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

In the beginning it was not intended for Eve to have conception nearly as often as after the fall.  Because of death, God greatly multiplied Eve's conception.  I believe the earth would not have experienced the population explosion you invision had their been no fall and death by sin.  Brothers and sisters born consecutively could be aged 100's of years apart.  

It will be interesting to know for sure when we get to heaven and are given perfect knowledge. 

Bro. Garry

• Members

Does anyone get saved today because they believe Jesus is the Christ?  or the son of God? or the Messiah?

Jesus Christ IS the Messiah and Christ that saves anyone who believes in him with all their heart! Christ and Messiah mean the same thing!

Salvation is for those who believe! We are believers! Salvation is IN nothing else AND in no one else other than in the Lord Jesus Christ and what he 

accomplished on the cross in OUR place, as a sacrifice to fulfill ALL the sacrificial Law to purchase the forgiveness of sins for US, BY HIS suffering on

THAT very cross! We CAN'T DO anything to merit his sacrificial love, the greater love that no man could do, other than give HIS life for us!

Salvation for us ONLY comes BY BELIEF!!

He that hath the Son, hath life, he that hath not the Son of God, hath not life!

We believe and are sure that thou art the Christ, the Son of the LIVING GOD!

(oh yeah, hello!)

• Members

Ezekiel 14:21-23 is a clear prophecy of the AD 70 destruction, and closely parallels Revelation 6:8
Compare the sealing in Ezekiel 9 with Revelation 7 also.

The time indicated by Revelation 1:1-3 is soon after the vision and before the destruction. Try reading with that understanding.

Rev. 6 is the lead up to the Resurrection/Wrath of God, at the end of the tribulation of those who
"Would be killed" for the Word of God and the testimony of Jesus during the Trib, just as those waiting in Heaven for vengeance were killed.

Ezekiel 14 goes no further than the Captivity, that I see.

Death = pestilence?
Not a "clear" reference by any stretch.

What is clear, is the timetable in Rev.5-7.

• Members

I apologize I put the wrong scripture reference in one of my post 143 please go back and reread it with the correct book and chapter Zachariah 14.

Ok, got it.

I see it as teaching the opposite of the renewal of sacrifice.

I see it as saying that everyone's own pot, in their own house, is now sacred, and everyone a priest, taking his priestly portion from his own pot.

• Moderators

Ok, got it.

I see it as teaching the opposite of the renewal of sacrifice.

I see it as saying that everyone's own pot, in their own house, is now sacred, and everyone a priest, taking his priestly portion from his own pot.

I agree. It means, as far as I can see, that EVERYTHING is holy unto God in that time-not just the holy items in the temple, but ALL pots and bowls everywhere will be holy before the Lord, all set apart and anctified to the service of God. Interesting to note, as well, that upon the bells of the horses, it says HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD, because horses were an unclean animal under the law, but here, even the horses are holy unto God.

• Members

I agree. It means, as far as I can see, that EVERYTHING is holy unto God in that time-not just the holy items in the temple, but ALL pots and bowls everywhere will be holy before the Lord, all set apart and anctified to the service of God. Interesting to note, as well, that upon the bells of the horses, it says HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD, because horses were an unclean animal under the law, but here, even the horses are holy unto God.

And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.  1 Kings 4:26

I believe that it means that the horses (used for transport?) will have decorations that read "Holiness Unto the Lord".

• Moderators

And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.  1 Kings 4:26

I believe that it means that the horses (used for transport?) will have decorations that read "Holiness Unto the Lord".

perhaps, possible. But who's to say we won't still, i dunno, drive cars? Does Jesus' return necessarily mean all technology will be done away with, and we will be a world of Amish, riding horse-drawn buggies?  Or maybe it just means that EVERYTHING will be holy and set apart for the Lord?

• Members

Drive cars with what fuel?  Remember, only those with the mark of the beast will be able to buy supplies such as fuel.  Most of modern technology will be unavailable to the righteous in the last days.  In light of this, it is entirely understandable that we may well indeed be a "world of Amish" in those days.

• Moderators

Drive cars with what fuel?  Remember, only those with the mark of the beast will be able to buy supplies such as fuel.  Most of modern technology will be unavailable to the righteous in the last days.  In light of this, it is entirely understandable that we may well indeed be a "world of Amish" in those days.

I think we were talking about during the milennial reign of Christ? Am I on the wrong page?

• Members

Sorry...I am skipping through multiple threads on my lunch break.  I am the one who could be mistaken. I sometimes get the topics of a thread jumbled up and post a response in the wrong place, especially since some "hOBby horse" topics somehow worm their way into multiple threads.  

Archived