• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Dispensations

AVBibleBeliever

• Members

When Noah built the ark, did he build out of OBligation or love? When Noah couldn't close the door of the ark was it God's grace that closed the door and made the ark water tight? After all of Noah's hard work the Ark had a huge hole in it.

There was no "huge hole in it", it had a door right were God told him to put it.  Gen 6:16 A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.  it is wrong to say there was a huge hole in it.

When it says, "LORD shut him in." it means Noah couldn't open it from the inside and no matter how hard anyone form the outside tried they couldn't open it either.  JOB 12:14 Behold, he breaketh down, and it cannot be built again: he shutteth up a man, and there can be no opening.  Rev 3:7. . .These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

the most amazing thing God could have ever inspired in the AV was the built in crossreference system. When one studies out the English word Shut and its uses like Shutteth one can find a wonderful truths in His word.

I encourage everyone to use it more for it will open eyes to truth.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If Paul was not telling people to believe on the Son of God, who was he telling people to believe on?  Jesus Manuel Ortiz?

The fact is, Paul preached Jesus and Him crucified.  He preached that Jesus was the Son of God and preached that man must believe on Him in order to OBtain Salvation.

Romans 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Romans 1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Romans 1:9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Romans 8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Corinthians 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

2 Corinthians 1:19 For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, even by me and Silvanus and Timotheus, was not yea and nay, but in him was yea.

Galatians 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Galatians 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

Galatians 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba,

Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

1 Thessalonians 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

I'll stick with the facts instead of the idea that Paul didn't tell people to believe on the Son of God.

• Members

AV, I didn't mean to offend you. 

I was not offended just correcting the fact that he was called a Syrian. and if Dr Blue calls him one it is not an error because God's word says he was. 

There was no offense in my words, be careful about reading in between lines.

• Members

AVBB
You gave a long list of OT saints. I suggest you read Hebrews 11, James 2 and Rahab's testimony in Joshua 2. You will see that these folk believed God and lived by that faith. You will look in vain for the works of the law as a means of justification.

And Rahab was the mother of the godly Boaz in the genealogy of Christ.

and what if they didn't live by that faith?

How did they live by that faith?  Rahab had to tie that string if not her faith was useless.

I have not once said anyone was justified by the Law least of all a Gentile, you have been reading something into the text I never said.

It always amazes me how that intelligent people seem to think they can read into or inbetween lines and add things, terms and emotions that have not been placed into the text.

• Members

here are two more for you all to watch and consider.  Again there is no OBligation to watch it.  But I hope you do with open hearts to learn.

Covanetor I recommend the second one for you.  You wanted some scriptures to what I was sharing in a previous post and some of them are discussed in that video.

• Members

The following took place while the dispensation of law was still in effect...

Luke 23:39-43
39   And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
40   But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
41   And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
42   And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
43   And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

What's happening here? Let's see...

39   And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
40   But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

What was the "same condemnation"? Death. All three of them were sentenced to die. The two thieves were going to die, and the Lord Jesus Christ was going to die.

41   And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds:

This thief realized and admitted that he was a sinner and guilty before God (as verse 40 shows).

42   And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

Now this is interesting. The thief knew that Christ was going to die, yet he asked him to remember him when he came into his kingdom? He "somehow" knew that Christ was Lord, and Christ was also supposed to be the King, but how could that be? After all, Christ was about to die...how could he then have a kingdom? The only way that would be possible is...if Christ rose from the dead! How could the thief had known this? The ONLY way he could have known it is...from the Old Testament scriptures.

And he said unto Jesus, Lord,1 remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.2

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, 1(And he said unto Jesus, Lord,)

and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 2(remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.)

And what was Christ's response?

43   And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

He was saved...without the law, without works...simply by grace through faith.

• Members

Interesting in my own study is that in the gospel books Matthew-John the doctrines for the kingdom are established, then Israel is set aside and romans sets up the doctrines of Salvation through faith alone and the doctrines for the body of Christ. then Hebrew sets up the doctrine for those in the the times of JacOB's Trouble.

don't take it wrong I did not say there is nothing in any of these books we can't apply or use for us today.  I only pointed out that certain sets of doctrine are established for certain periods of time when God will dispense is Word unto people in those periods.

• Members

The following took place while the dispensation of law was still in effect...

Luke 23:39-43
41   And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

What's happening here? Let's see...

What was the "same condemnation"? Death. All three of them were sentenced to die. The two thieves were going to die, and the Lord Jesus Christ was going to die.

41   And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds:

This thief realized and admitted that he was a sinner and guilty before God (as verse 40 shows).

Now this is interesting. The thief knew that Christ was going to die, yet he asked him to remember him when he came into his kingdom? He "somehow" knew that Christ was Lord, and Christ was also supposed to be the King, but how could that be? After all, Christ was about to die...how could he then have a kingdom? The only way that would be possible is...if Christ rose from the dead! How could the thief had known this? The ONLY way he could have known it is...from the Old Testament scriptures.

And he said unto Jesus, Lord,1 remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.2

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, 1(And he said unto Jesus, Lord,)

and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 2(remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.)

And what was Christ's response?

He was saved...without the law, without works...simply by grace through faith.

yep in paradise.

When we die we will be in the presence of our Lord not paradise. By the way paradise was where Lazarus the beggar went when he died.  If you make paradise heaven you would be in mistaken.

• Members

Answer the following questions.

What would have happened to Noah if he believed God was going to flood the world and he didn't build the Ark?

What would happen to Abraham if he believed God but didn't leave Ur (Syria)?

What would have happened to JacOB and his family if they believed God about going down to Egypt but didn't go?

What would Rahab have done if she believed the spies and didn't put the scarlet thread in her window?

What if the Shunammite woman after getting a child from the Lord, did not go and get the Prophet when her Child suffered and died on her knees?

What would have happened to Naaman if he believed the prophet of God but didn't dip himself 7 times in the Jordan?

What would have happened to Israel if they received the commandments of God and didn't keep them?

and how many of these above do you think you will see in eternity? 

ALL of them are saved 

yep in paradise.

When we die we will be in the presence of our Lord not paradise. By the way paradise was where Lazarus the beggar went when he died.  If you make paradise heaven you would be in mistaken.

Uhhmmm...I didn't say he went to heaven. Nor did I say that paradise was heaven. All that I said was that he was saved. However, the thief did go to heaven shortly thereafter...as did all who were in paradise...including Lazarus the beggar.

My word...you'll argue with someone even when they use the same terminology that you use...

• Members

Uhhmmm...I didn't say he went to heaven. Nor did I say that paradise was heaven. All that I said was that he was saved. However, the thief did go to heaven shortly thereafter...as did all who were in paradise...including Lazarus the beggar.

My word...you'll argue with someone even when they use the same terminology that you use...

I don't mean any disrespect toward Mr. Blue, but he lost me (in the Kingdom of Heaven video) when he proclaimed that God's original plan was for man to populate the earth and then move into outer space.

I was just making sure that if you were assigning paradise as heaven that was not so.  So I am glad you clarified it.

I am assuming you are referring to these going to heaven shortly thereafter, that you believe this because, and again I am assuming that this is a reference to Matt 27:52, 53 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,   And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.  However I would point out that there is no clear scripture that any of these that actually went to Heaven or are in Heaven today.  there are numerous resurrection scriptures that are for Israel that some would arise to everlasting life and others toe condemnation.  Luke 14:14 And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.
 John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
 John 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

However we cannot say by scripture that any Jew who was part of the kingdom Gospel is actually in heaven today.  But if we incorporate them into the body of Christ then there is that possibility but we have no solid Bible that an incorporation took place.  I am not saying it didn't we just don't have an scripture that point to that. 

Most of what we have in teachings that they are in heaven, is like some of the silliness of Ken Blue, is just mans opinion.  If I am not mistaken they were given a promise to populate the earth, but that Israel is to go out into outer space and populate it.  that may happen but the Bible is not so clear. 

I was thinking about a scripture that says the heavens were divided according to the tribes of Israel, that could be the scripture he might base that thought on.  Which then tells us that God divided the heavens into twelve houses, but it is not the perversion the devil brought about with the false teaching, that many today call the zodiac.

• Members

Now I think we can set into the current dispensation of the church.  I pray that you have been watching these and learning if not what some baptist believe but at lest know what is meant so that you would not continue to say we said something we had not said like: "some scriptures are not for us today".  I have not said that.  I have said that certain doctrines were not for us but may have an application for us.  that would mean that those scriptures still had something for us.

• Moderators

Just throwing these OT scriptures out here, see where they go.

Ezekiel 3:20

"Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand."

Ezekiel 18:21-27:

"But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?

But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?

When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.

Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive."

• Members

For sure - another neat thing is that he was Calvary's pastor as well.  But I never knew Calvary (at least, I don't think I did...).  We were there in the church when Pastor Blue's kids were teens and younger. Blast from the past hearing him!  :clapping:

I remember that chart, I used to drag it out every Thursday night and set it up with Dave Arnston - seeing that video was great and it all makes perfect sense to me, as that man was my mentor and trained me and sent me out to do the work of an evangelist in Mexico.

Someone said he got Abraham origin wrong, but lots of preachers say a thing in passing and it is a simple mistake, Abraham´s origins are not foundational to what the teaching session was dealing with. He is simply saying that Goid is doing a whole lot more than just seeing folks get saved and in fact there are and were different dealings with different peoples at different times. Hebews 1 tells us that much.

Amen Pastor Blue!! You were a great teacher of that book and I am glad that much of your talks are recorded for future students of God´s word.

God bless,

calvary

Archived