• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Dispensations

AVBibleBeliever

Now, here, you are inviting folk to delve into a topic that many on the forum think is un-Biblical with the justification that if they do they can at least have more fruitful discussions with adherents. In other words exactly the two things that a while back you were speaking against doing.

Who are these "many on the forum" who think the OP topic is un-Biblical?

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who are these "many on the forum" who think the OP topic is un-Biblical?

It was an assumption I made, IAC, based on having seen folk who in the past I've noticed represent pretty 'mainstream' IFB views (John81 being one) reject the OP on this and other threads. So I've assumed that in this area too their views are typical. I might be wrong about that, though. In any case, you can substitute 'many' for 'some' in that sentence if you wish and it doesn't change the point I was making.

• Members

Strange. Considering this dispensation started at Pentecost, what gospel were the Apostles preaching before Paul?

The Gospel of the Kingdom.  To Paul was revealed the "mystery" of the Gospel of Grace.  Paul wasn't even saved until Acts 9.

Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.  Mt 6:10

• Members

Yet Scripture tells us that all who were, are and will be saved are saved by grace but you conveniently declare certain books and passages of Scripture to not apply, or only selectively apply them so as to fit your false, works-based view.

• Members

There is only ONE Gospel for this Dispensation, the Dispensation of the Gospel of Grace, revealed to Paul by Jesus Christ.
It seems that you are "confused" and trying to "reinterpret" what others have said.

Now, wrongly dividing the Word will lead to confusion, as there are variations on gospels presented in other Dispensations.
Perhaps that is where your "confusion" originates?

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:8-9

Strange. Considering this dispensation started at Pentecost, what gospel were the Apostles preaching before Paul?

The Gospel of the Kingdom.  To Paul was revealed the "mystery" of the Gospel of Grace.  Paul wasn't even saved until Acts 9.

So, is the Gospel of the kingdom different from the Gospel of grace? You are seriously confused. Read Ephesians 3:1-13 and you will see the Gospel Paul preached was the same as that revealed to the other Apostles.

The Gospel was always by grace, through faith, and gives entry into the kingdom. There never was, and never will be another Gospel. Acts 26:15-23.

• Members

Be aware...not all here do agree with that. I do though.  :)

NIC that is where you have misunderstood.

Grace, Faith and works all play a part in every dispensation.  But only today the works come after grace and faith.  All other  dispensations of God's Grace came after Faith and Works.

i.e. God's word comes to Noah to build an ark,  Noah has faith in God's word, does the required work in the end he receives God's Grace salvation.

another example is Israel as a nation received God's Laws are told if they OBey they remained in the land.  At first Israel as a nation  believes God's word by faith and Keep the laws and they have god's grace peace and prosperity in the land.  Then later Israel as a nation stops having faith in god's word, they stop keeping the laws (work), and they are scattered from the land.

today you have faith in the gospel of God's grace, you have faith you receive salvation, you by the power of the Holy ghost given you do good works both spiritually and physically.

• Members

I've not listened to all of the 1st one yet. He gets Abram's origin incorrect. Its not Syria. 

Genesis 11:28,29,31

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ur

So far very few Bible verses mostly commentary. One horrible story about jungle people eating, hit the fast forward while he tells that. I'm taking a break but I'll listen to more later. 

(weary warrior, I too believe the Bible teaches dispensations.)

Remember God's word is correct and wikipedia is wrong.  Abraham sent his servant into his land to get a wife for Issac.

Ge 25:20 And Isaac was forty years old when he took Rebekah to wife, the daughter of Bethuel the Syrian of Padanaram, the sister to Laban the Syrian.  Laban was the brother of Issac's wife

De 26:5 And thou shalt speak and say before the LORD thy God, A Syrian ready to perish [was] my father, and he went down into Egypt, and sojourned there with a few, and became there a nation, great, mighty, and populous:

this speaks both of Abraham and Issac and his son JacOB, they were Syrians

• Members

Yet when we were discussing Calvinism a while back you dived into that thread just to lambast us (namely me) for wanting to talk and learn about it, saying that a] the forum isn't pro-Calvinist and therefore the discussion ought to be taking place elsewhere, and b] studying the doctrines of men is a waste of time anyway, even if the goal is witnessing to adherents of said false doctrines.

Now, here, you are inviting folk to delve into a topic that many on the forum think is un-Biblical with the justification that if they do they can at least have more fruitful discussions with adherents. In other words exactly the two things that a while back you were speaking against doing.

(Edited to remove unwanted smiley invasion!)

go back and read my post it was not a lamblast.

• Members

I don't think they recognize the difference between the church in the wilderness the church of the first born which was established by the earthly Ministry of Jesus.  and that kingdom was set aside so was that church.  Which is a very important question left of of OBserving scriptures.

• Members

i.e. God's word comes to Noah to build an ark,  Noah has faith in God's word, does the required work in the end he receives God's Grace salvation.

Grace came to Noah BEFORE he was told to build the ark.

Genesis 6:8-14
8  But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
9  These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
10  And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

11  The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
12  And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13  And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
14  Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

Hebrews 11:7
By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Noah built the ark because of his faith...not to become righteous. We do the same today...we go to church, because of our faith. We witness, because of our faith. We study God's word, because of our faith. etc...

Just as Noah was told to build an ark, these are things that we are told to do in God's word. Are we righteous because we do them, or do we do them because we're righteous? We do them because we are righteous...and we are righteous because of our faith...

• Members

go back and read my post it was not a lamblast.

Already did. My main point just now was about content not tone--i.e. what you were saying there vs what you're saying here--but as for tone yeah I'm quite comfortable using the word lambast to describe those posts.

Archived