Online Baptist
  • Welcome Guest

Tired of all the fighting that goes on in facebook groups? Are you ready for a community where you can talk about things of God and the Bible without getting branded a heretic? Well, we are glad you found us. Why don't you give us a try and see how friendly and different we are. - BroMatt

MountainChristian

A Rib Or A Gonad More From Les Feldick

The word "gospel" means "good news". The "gospel" in Genesis is the same "good news" Paul preached. Some saints were imputed righteousness for their belief in the coming redeemer, and some for their belief in the redeemer that came. it was "good news" regardless of which side of the cross you found yourself.

Paul was sent to give the "good news" to the Jews and Peter to the gentiles.

Ac 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. ("The" gospel, not "their" gospel)

Ga 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Same good news, Fellas. There is only one Christ, He is the only gospel.

Doesn't the scripture say that the law was given to bring us to Christ ...Ga 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

and...Ga 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. The were justified just as Abraham was before the Law, and we are after the law. By faith.

I do believe in rightly diving the Word. I also do believe in dispensations, I see 7 separate dispensations in scripture to be exact. But I only believe in one Gospel. A dispensation may present and "for-shadow" the gospel in a unique way for a different period ...

Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Heb 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

Heb 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.  ...

... but there was / is only one salvation.

Ephesians 4 kinda lays that out pretty clear

I have no idea who this guy is, but it gives me cause to ask once more, why anyone feels the need to watch, listen to, or read after someone outside of our own congregation? This sort of thing is not even worth the time to wade through the error to get at any good that there may be. 

After a week of study, I see the wisdom in your words. 

Just as I'm careful about the pastor I will have for our home church pastor, I'm also careful about those I listen to on the radio or online, as well as whose books I read.

For instance, Pastor Scott Markle is a member here. He's not my home church pastor but he's clearly a man of God well able to expound upon the Word and therefore not only have I read his postings here, I've now also read three of his books and found them to be very edifying.

While some folks will listen to anyone claiming to be a Christian preacher or teacher, I don't take that approach as I believe such is extremely dangerous. Why would I want to listen to Joyce Meyer or Benny Hinn? Yet I know a few women who do listen to Joyce Meyer. They are right, she prOBably does say some good things sometimes, but there are so many better sources where one could get those "good things" without all the goop surrounding it and mixed in.

I do like to listen to rebroadcasts of Adrian Rogers sermons from time to time.

If there is only one gospel than why are we not all following the law as commanded in the "great commission"? Baptism was not optional or symbolic in that time. It was an impossible standard, yet the Jews begged for it, and for whatever reason modern Christians want a piece of it as well.