• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Urgent Request For David Cloud

HappyChristian

• Administrators

An email was sent out today about David Cloud. He has been in the hospital on the mission field for the last several days. He has pneumonia, a swollen pancreas, and swollen intestines. He will be in the hospital for a while as they try to clear up the pneumonia and get his pancreas functioning normally.  Here is from his wife this morning:

"His condition has been changed from Acute to Serious and the doctors most likely will move him to ICU. Only our pleadings have kept him out so far, because there is no privacy and no resting in ICU with the constant noise. His pancreas has not shown signs of improving. They are keeping him off of all foods and liquids, which of course has made him much weaker. His oxygen level drops significantly when he is off of oxygen for a few minutes.  If his pancreas does not kick in and begin working properly, then other organs can begin to become damaged and it could be a downhill road from there. I have peace as I know the Lord does the right thing at all times. But we do covet prayers and thank those who are praying.:

• Members

Good news:

http://www.wayoflife.org/

The following update, from Bro. Cloud's wife, Linda, was received at noon (EST) today.

___

I just returned home from the hospital (it is 8:30 pm here) and joyously can report that David has improved some. I don't believe he would be listed as actually serious now, for which we are so thankful. He had a bit of clear soup and some tea today, and was able to breathe a bit better, though there is still fluid in his lung. He had no pain today for the first time, which is also a very good sign. The doctors are hopeful he will recover enough to go home after a few more days.

I attribute this all to the prayers of God's people. Yesterday the doctors spoke very frankly and openly and expressed concern that his pancreas might not bounce back and that other organs might begin to show signs of trouble (as his left lung has already). But today, though still guarded, the doctors were much more hopeful. 

I feel sure he will make a good recovery and will be home within a week. I'll keep you posted as I can. (No internet from the hospital, so I have to wait until I arrive home in the evenings to email.)

Our Bible school boys have been taking turns staying with him at night so I can get some rest. This is most gracious of them and I just love them so much for their concern and help.

I am 100% convinced that David was better today because of the prayers of God's people. I will forever be grateful for those prayers!

Thank you so much.

In Him,

Linda

Archived