• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Wow, God Is Really Serious About This

2bLikeJesus

• Members

Galatians 3

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The example in Acts 2 has nothing to do with communism, nothing to do with political philosophy at all. Communism is the force of government trying to force equality upon the population, at the expense of those who work hard, and to the further detriment of those who are lazy. All this with the false political projection that at some point communism will so impact the people they will live in perfect, utopian oneness with no further need of government, Man creating heaven on earth.

In Acts 2 Believers voluntarily helped their fellow brothers/sisters in Christ. They showed true familial love one to another just as Jesus called for. That is still the call of the church and an area we have, overall, failed terribly.

Wrongly interpreting "dividing" leads to these many wrongful divisions some make which make much of the Bible of none effect and detracts from the continuity of Scripture.

• Members

This is a doctrine.

We don't want doctrine.

We want to rip verses out of context (wrongly divide), spiritualize non-applicable instructions, recast the stumbling block that Israel fell over.

This all sounds familiar.

Wait, I know where I've heard it before, RCC Replacement Theology.
The Church replaced Israel.
Sure.
Thanks to the Fundamentalist Movement, all kinds of RCC false doctrine has infiltrated the Baptists.
We read books about "great Christians"...Protestant Catholics .
We lift up "heroes of the faith", who believed in Lordship Repentance, Loss of Salvation, Works regeneration, and most of all...replacement theology.

So put those silly Gentiles back in the yoke, that Israel could never bear.

Throw away your cotton blend shirts, damn you if you've eaten shrimp, stone your kids to death, for sassing Mom, and wave your food at God before you eat, when your brethren pay tithes to you.

Or, realize that your Law is "love the LORD thy God with all thy heart, and thy neighbor as thyself", and that is it.

Avoid a few things, conduct assembly by the instructions given, and pray for all of the Saints.

Romans 15:4  For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. 

The Old Testament scriptures are written for us even through they are written to the Jews.

Yes we are not under Old Testament Law anymore, but we still should make applications from what God was trying to teach with O.T. Law.

There are a lot of good principles in the Old Testament for us to follow.

• Members

You will be judged only on whether you "walked in the spirit" or "walked in the flesh" (ie: "carnal", "old man") at the judgment seat.

Walking in the Spirit is OBeying the Holy Spirit and doing what he tells you.  There are no "sins" to be judged at the bemis seat.

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:  Col 2:6

You "hear" the Holy Spirit when you are saved, you "hear" Him the same way now.

• Members

You will be judged only on whether you "walked in the spirit" or "walked in the flesh" (ie: "carnal", "old man") at the judgment seat.
Walking in the Spirit is OBeying the Holy Spirit and doing what he tells you. There are no "sins" to be judged at the bemis seat.

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Col 2:6
You "hear" the Holy Spirit when you are saved, you "hear" Him the same way now.

Rom 8:9
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

• Members

Rom 8:9
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babies in Christ.

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

• Members

You have God's Word that you are supposed to study, rightly DIVIDING.
That means you know Who a passage is addressing, before you try to apply it.
When Malachi 1:1 says "to Israel", guess what? It isn't talking to you.
You weren't part of that covenant.
You aren't under that curse.

To wear a lack of OBedience to God's command to rightly divide the Word of truth, as a badge of honor, is to expose folly, simplicity, and pride.

I know how to rightly divide the word of God as I have explained to you before in another thread , and yes I study Gods Word Daily and know I'm not under the law or a covenant.  what I'm speaking of is "God speaking to the heart through His Word " Many times God Has spoken through His word to my heart and I have acted upon it '' Which is being OBedient to God " and the way I see it brother Garry acted upon God speaking to his heart to help the needy children on his bus route." which is being OBedient to God "  which we are to help the Needy . this has nothing to do with rightly

dividing Gods Word neither does the post by brother Garry.

God bless 

• Members

You have God's Word that you are supposed to study, rightly DIVIDING.
That means you know Who a passage is addressing, before you try to apply it.
When Malachi 1:1 says "to Israel", guess what? It isn't talking to you.
You weren't part of that covenant.
You aren't under that curse.

To wear a lack of OBedience to God's command to rightly divide the Word of truth, as a badge of honor, is to expose folly, simplicity, and pride.

There is a reason that He said "divide", in The King James Holy Bible.

Correct.  And further proof that the Laws given to Israel were not given to Gentile nations is found in the Psalms.

Psalms 147:19 He sheweth his word unto JacOB, his statutes and his judgments unto Israel.
Psalms 147:20 He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the LORD.

And what was the Jerusalem Council in AD 51for?  Judaizers had been demanding that the Gentiles that had trusted Christ Jesus for Salvation "keep the Law of Moses".

What did the Apostles have to say about such demands?  It was "tempting God (Acts 15:10 ) & "subverting the souls" of the Gentiles (Acts 15:24)

What was the final decision?    That the Gentiles not be required but to OBserve four necessary things. (Acts 15:28-29)

Eight years later, the Apostle Paul was reminded of that same decision. (Acts 21:23-25)

The Christian today is not bound by the Mosaic Law, and for them to go to the house of the Law while married to Christ is equivalent to adultery.

Romans 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
Romans 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
Romans 7:3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

• Members

Like the 10% tithe maybe? Or woman in pants while men still wear woolen jerseys? Or the subversion of woman as a lesser and inferior species? How about kingdom now and prosperity? The list can go on as to how the Word has been misinterpreted by those who should be rightly dividing.

Tithing was practiced before the giving of the Law of Moses. Abraham was the first man who tithed (Genesis 14:18-20). He did not tithe out of OBligation to the Law; he tithed to honor God through God’s representative king/priest Melchizedek. JacOB continued the practice of tithing (Genesis 28:20-22). We see, then, that tithing is not something that originated with the Law. It was a principle that has been understood by God’s people from the beginning.

(1) Remember that tithing pre-dated the Law of Moses. It was not because he was under the Law that Abraham tithed; he tithed because he wanted to honor God and support God’s work as represented by Melchizedek. This is a good example for New Testament believers, because we are children of Abraham by faith (Romans 4:16-17).

(2) The Old Testament was given for our example (Rom. 15:4; 1 Cor. 10:11). Paul used the Mosaic system of giving as authority for his teaching that New Testament believers are OBligated to support preachers (1 Cor. 9:8-14).

(3) It is the express will of Christ that His people be giving people (Luke 6:38). Many people I have met who “do not believe in tithing” are stingy. They do not bear their rightful load in the church. Stinginess and tightfistedness should never characterize the child of God. Even if you do not believe that the tithe is a matter of law, you should be ashamed to keep more than 90% of your income for yourself in light of the great needs of God’s work in this present world. I hasten to add that not all people who do not consider the tithe a matter of law today are stingy. In fact, I know some who give 30%, 40%, even 50% of their income to the Lord.

(4) The believer has many financial OBligations. 
The Great Commission is an OBligation. We are commanded to carry the gospel to every person in every nation (Mk. 16:18; Acts 1:8). This is called Christ’s “Great Commission” because it is repeated five times in the New Testament, thus emphasizing its importance. The worldwide preaching of the gospel is intimately associated with Christ’s death in that Christ’s suffering for man’s sin is ineffective if the gospel is not proclaimed (Luke 24:46-47). World missions is a very expensive enterprise. Every believer is OBligated to do what he can to further this work, and this includes preaching the gospel himself, praying, and giving. Supporting preachers and missionaries is an OBligation (1 Cor. 9:14; Phil. 4:15-17; Titus 3:13-14; 3 John 5-8). The church is also an OBligation. It is the house of God and the pillar and ground of the truth in this age (1 Tim. 3:15). It is the headquarters for world evangelism (Acts 14:1-4). Thus, every believer has an OBligation to support the work of the church financially so it can fulfill its God-given function in this needy world.

From Wayoflife.org

• Members

I know how to rightly divide the word of God as I have explained to you before in another thread , and yes I study Gods Word Daily and know I'm not under the law or a covenant. what I'm speaking of is "God speaking to the heart through His Word " Many times God Has spoken through His word to my heart and I have acted upon it '' Which is being OBedient to God " and the way I see it brother Garry acted upon God speaking to his heart to help the needy children on his bus route." which is being OBedient to God " which we are to help the Needy . this has nothing to do with rightly
dividing Gods Word neither does the post by brother Garry.
God bless

If you are not under the new/everlasting covenant in the blood of Jesus, you are not saved. Hebrews 13:20-21

• Members

I think I'm going to be sick. :vomit:

2belikeJesus, Let's let folks divide the love of God right out of the Bible while they "have a form of Godliness but deny the power thereof" and you and I can go out into the highways and biways and find someone hungry and alone this week and help them in the name of Christ. I applaud your sensitivity and want to encourage you. I'm going to do it too, I'll let you know how it goes.

Folks, do you realize that you can be "right" in your doctrine but wrong in your heart and application, and "wrong" in some of your doctrine but right in heart? What exactly do you think Paul is referring to in I Corinthians 3? Exactly what do you think the definition of a Pharasee was in Christ's day? It was someone who was "right" and "tight" concerning every little jot and tittle of the truth, but devoid of any grace, mercy or love.

Anybody else want to join 2belikeJesus and I this week and put your money where your Christianity is?

Archived