• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why Only Ladies?

Covenanter

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anyone else seeing a lot of crickets this year? They are really thick around here this year. I've never seen so many of them like this before.

Not over here, in fact there has been a visible shortage of insects, birds, bees & butterflies - even wasps.

Rosie, were you referring to my post "dead to sin - alive to God" or spiders, when you wrote:

could we change the subject here?

• Members

I do believe it's the eight legged beasties she's had enough of.

We've had an unusual year with regards to weather and it's certainly impacted the insects. Looking across our back lot last night there were dozens upon dozens of dragonflies swooping through the air.

One insect I've seen few of this year is fireflies, or lightening bugs, as they are also known.

• Members
  • Members

There are always ants but there seem to be even more of them this year. There seems to be a bumper crop of crickets this year. Them little rascals are hopping everywhere. If they all live that will be a lot of noise coming soon. Very few lightening bugs for some reason, but a lot of dragon flies.

They might not last long if the weather people are correct. Not only have I seen the reports about a colder winter with more snow than normal, but one weather guy is also saying winter weather will also arrive sooner. One guy said some places could bet getting hit with winter weather by the end of September!

Archived