• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Does God Hide Things From Us

2Tim215

• Members

I see that "I am chief" got a little upset with me and then accused me:

Precept upon precept. The precept from the verse is, why hide things; that is a form of deceit. I don't have to go through the entire Bible from front to back to show God does not condone deceit and that it is a form of lying? Further, who the main deceiver and father of lies is? Or, can I just give one citation which establishes the precept? Are you arguing against the precept of honesty or attempting to justify dishonesty? I don't think you are; I think you're attempting to be argumentative; I won't participate. I'll just close the thread because you're going out of bounds and there is no profit in it.

And then closed the thread without allowing me to justfy my post - Must of gotten "under his skin" in the thread "under the skin" :clapping:

Prov 29:11 A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.

One verse I quoted - KJB, not me.

here's another:

Pro 25:2  It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

I quote his questions:

Does it bother others when people print statements without the facts to back it up?

Any setting other than just casual conversation. Are there any circumstances where people should withhold their evidence? Isn't that kind of like lying?

Here's another verse from Jesus Himself:

Mat 11:25  At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Is God a lier? NO! Has He withheld evidence? Yes! Does this make Him a lier? No!

I "printed statements" with the facts to back them up - that being the KJB! You, sir, called me argumentative when all I did was use the bible to prove that there are times when "withholdng evidence" does not make one decietful nor a lier. God Himself hid evidence from the wise and prudent and made it available to babes, was He a lier?

Just because you can not take the truth when it comes from the very Word you profess to believe in does not give you any reason to insult me and then run like a coward. I was in no way "out of bound" in my answers to your questions and awnswered them using the KJB as reference. I was not being argumentative. You have taken offence because I pointed out that you used a scripture verse out of context.

I was not justifying dishonesty either. Keeping silent is not being dishonest:

Pro 17:28  Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

Pro 12:23  A prudent man concealeth knowledge: but the heart of fools proclaimeth foolishness.

Here Jesus Himself was asked a direct question concerning his very being and He remained silent:

Mat 26:63  But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.

Did He lie by not answering a direct question He knew the answer to? I think not! He knew He was Christ the Son of God and He "withheld" the evidence of His answer.

You asked a question and I gave answers using the KJB and you didn't like those answers. In no way do I condone dishonesty nor deciet but in reply to your question:

Any setting other than just casual conversation. Are there any circumstances where people should withhold their evidence? Isn't that kind of like lying?

I stated that yes there are and I stand by that or else the Bible you and I believe in is a lie and that is not the case.

How you can misread that or be offended by it is just mindbogling.

• Members

Matthew 24:31 (KJV)
31  And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Matthew 24:36 (KJV)
36  But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

God hides something from God.  Please don't ask me to try to explain that...my brain is smoking already.  

Bro. Garry

In His will.  By His Power.  For His glory.

Archived