• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pet Peeves

• Administrators

heheheh. I know they are full of life.  But that's all part of the challenge. We did have a beagle when I was quite young.  And he was really well behaved for us.  But we did have a big fenced-in yard. 

AVBB - that is too bad!  

A peeve I have about pets is that they can be so expensive to buy.  Bleeding heart ads talk about animals needing good homes, but it costs almost as much to buy one as it does to keep it in dog food for a number of years.

• Members

I went to a No-kill animal shelter today to sign my dog up to get spayed. Only $80 versus a vet at least $150. While I was there I noticed room after room of cats and just a few dogs in cages, I asked the lady what the percentage of dogs and cats and astonished to find it's about 20% dogs and 80% cats! I thought  it would've balance the opposite. Just interesting info for my area to me.

My dad was hunter of anything in animal kingdom and we usually always had 2 or 3 beagles and a lab. We lost one or two beagles who just got on trail of something (we lived in country) and never found their way home. Labs are great family dogs but they are like a puppy until about 2 years old!

• Members

Out of likes, but loved the pupholder! Wow! I didn't even know dogs could be worth that much, that's crazy! She could have $80,000 on that bench! Unbelievable!

Of those pictured, only one (the one looking away) was a "show quality" 10k dog.  The rest were bargains bought only for their impeccable blood lines.   Don't ask me what makes one show quality.

• Members

Those Baptist pastors who denounce "prosperity gospel preachers" while themselves preach a similar message when it comes to giving. There are some of our pastors who preach if you tithe, God will give you a blessing, and if you give more on top of your tithe God will bless you even more. If you want to reap God's blessings, especially financial blessings you must tithe and then give extra.

Then after appealing to the greed portion of the flesh, they play upon the fear, telling the congregation if they don't at least give that tithe, God will cause the husband to get sick so he can't work, God will send a storm that will damage their home or car.

If a pastor is making sure his congregation is saved and growing in Christ, there should be no need to have constant sermons on giving because out of a heart of love the congregation will be giving abundantly already.

As Bro. Garry said in effect in another thread, giving oneself fully to following the Lord leads one to give in full measure too; putting your treasure where your heart is.

• Members

Pet peeve:  Software programs/apps or upgrades that try to slip in "tag-along" apps like tool bars.  Never ever click "Typical" recommended install.  Always click custom install so you can strip off all the garbage they try to slip in or you will have the top 6 inches of your monitor filled up with a bunch of tool bars which also drastically slow down your computer. 

• Members

Pet peeve

People who don't pay into something and thinking that they should have more say about it than anyone else.

ie..back pew, once a month attendance, no tithe paying, every business meeting voting, free casserole eating, preacher bashing, church attendees.

• Members

Pet peeve

Everything in the house says  '' Please wait "  I turn on the Tv it says please wait, I turn on the the computer it says please wait, I turn on my cell phone ' please wait, the land line with AT&T says  '' please wait, the coffee maker says ;; please wait '' our new  Range says ''Please wait ''  the washing machine and dryer machine says '' please wait '' , our keyless car says " please wait "  I swipe my bank card at the cash register '' please wait '' I go to the ATM '' please wait  '' I call my office " please wait "  all my clients voice mails says  " please wait "  (all but mine ? ). I called SS '' the rOBot said " please wait '' for the next two hours or call back and " Please wait " again. I feel like I'm being brain washed to " please wait "  for what I don't know ? 

I cant get anything done because of having to " Please wait " all day.

all you folks have already covered my pet peeves so I thought I would just throw this one out there.

God bless