• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Music!!!

Anon

• Members

I only have a few CDs, but I really like them all. I have Garment of Praise, Marion Avenue Boys, Assurance Trio (For my Good and For His Glory), Witness (Child of God), And the Ambassadors 2006 and 2007. If I can find my ambassadors CDs. I lost them. :badday:
I would have to say the Assurance Trio CD is my favorite though.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I KNEW somebody was gonna ask that...

She is not completely deaf though, she is mostly deaf...as far as what I understand.

BTW isn't this music thread SOOO nice compared to the one that's going on right now on the main forums....the main few actually...

• Members

She is not completely deaf though, she is mostly deaf...as far as what I understand.

BTW isn't this music thread SOOO nice compared to the one that's going on right now on the main forums....the main few actually...

Yes, I think she is hard-of-hearing.

Yes, it's a refreshing thing. I had someone say something to me online yesterday to the effect of "That little forum won't be perfect. People will still disagree" mainly just trying to make it seem like the existence of the "little forum" didn't bother them...I responded that it's actually a breath of fresh air and I'm enjoying it immensely.

My hubby was like "Wow! I actually got to post something about the Bible without getting a bunch of critical comments!"

• Members

Right, I know she is severely hard of hearing since birth. I was just wondering how she listens to music - a hearing aid? To me, that's like my aunt who is legally blind without her glasses. She better not be driving anywhere w/o them. :frog

Anyway, I'm sorry, Angie, if this offends you. I'm just a curious sort and in no way want to make you feel badly about your uniqueness. Fearfully and wonderfully made... :thumb

• Members

Yes, I think she is hard-of-hearing.

Yes, it's a refreshing thing. I had someone say something to me online yesterday to the effect of "That little forum won't be perfect. People will still disagree" mainly just trying to make it seem like the existence of the "little forum" didn't bother them...I responded that it's actually a breath of fresh air and I'm enjoying it immensely.

My hubby was like "Wow! I actually got to post something about the Bible without getting a bunch of critical comments!"

Yeah..."somebody" was having a hard time hiding the fact they were highly upset while denying it the entire time...

I'm sorry but some of them brought this upon themselves.

• Members

Right, I know she is severely hard of hearing since birth. I was just wondering how she listens to music - a hearing aid? To me, that's like my aunt who is legally blind without her glasses. She better not be driving anywhere w/o them. :frog

Anyway, I'm sorry, Angie, if this offends you. I'm just a curious sort and in no way want to make you feel badly about your uniqueness. Fearfully and wonderfully made... :thumb

I am severely hard of hearing.. meaning I can hear anything 85 db (think of a jetplane) or over without my hearing aids close up (not distance). My hearing aids have always been powerful enough to hear alot of things, except high pitch such as finger scratch on chalkboard (seriously, I don't know how people hear that). I was always able to hear music, not as good as hearing people though. I can hear people talk too, but remember, I can only hear through my hearing aids so it isn't always clear what they say. And my hearing aids can not pick up everything.. it usually sound like alot of mumble jumble to me...

And I have a cochlear implant.. and I don't do Sign language. I am oralist who communicate by lipreading, bodylanguage, and sounds from hearing aids combined. I can't communicate without one of each very good (that is if you cover mouth, and i hear you and see your body language, I can't understand you)

But hearing loss come in all sort of forms. It is not one size fit all.

if it wasn't for technology, I would have been put in the deaf group.. because I can't hearing anything without hearing aids (except extremely loud things).

I am one level below profound deaf.

• Members

Yes its wonderful. If everyone sat down and talked long enough, we would find little things we disagree on. Thats because we are sinful man. :loco yet as we agree in one accord in almost every area, when there is a small disagreement, no one sees the need to start choping heads.

I love this little part of the board. :clap::clap::clap: :thumb :wave:

On another note... (no pun intended.. well maybe) I enjoy soft piano. We have a young lady in our Church (that i want my oldest to marry :lol ) who just left for college. She is thee best piano player I have ever heard. You know how some folks pound the keys. Her touch is so soft that the music fills the room with the same softness. Very pleasant to the ears and worshipful to the Lord. I told her to make some recordings. She just blushes and says she is not that good. This young lady could produce some wonderful piano music for the Lord. I will keep encouraging her. :clap: