• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Agreement/disagreement With The Pastor

GraceSaved

• Moderators

Okay, you're right-back to agreement'disagreement with that pastor.

I admit I don't always agree with my pastor. The sad thing is, I'M the pastor! Which means sometimes I find myself to be incorrect on something and I need to go back and make things right.

Last Sunday I taught on the subject of holiness, as in "Be ye holy, for I am holy", and discussed what it was to be holy, ie, set apart, sanctified and separated unto the work of God.

I spoke about it to the tabernacle and the temple, the holy place and the holiest, or holy of holies, the two places particularly set apart for the service and worship of God.  And I spoke briefly about the church building, which, in itself, is just a building, but it is something that, being set apart for service for the Lord, does, indeed, become, by that standard, a holy place. This is why I teach that a church building should not be used for other purposes, like AA meetings or community meetings or the like-it is set apart, separated, holy unto the work of God, and should be treated as such.

Later as I thought back on the lesson, it occured to me that I did not give such teachings about the building when we had it, and, living in it for a while as I did, it just became like my house, and not as a place holy and separated unto God. And because I never taught about it as such, I wonder if those who are there did not think of it as important, either and thus, it was taken from us-because no one really cared about it from the perspective of being holy to the Lord's work.

Don't misunderstand me-I didn't destroy it or treat it terribly, but not being the greatest housekeeper, living in it did make a mess in some of the back areas, at times, and since we lived toward the back part of the church, aspects of it could not be used for their assigned purposes.

So now, I find it was prOBably much my own fault we are where we are, and as such, I find myself at odds with my pastor's past practices and as such, I have confronted him and found him willing to turn and repent and do right. He's a pretty cool guy-lol.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived