• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way Of Life - Biblical Fasting

RSS Robot

• Members

DaveW, what was the result of the fasting and prayer for that family that you used as an example?

The immediate result was he was comforted - he had not asked for prayer - that was what he came to me to do. They had asked in prayer meeting of course, but not directly. For him to hear that I had taken their situation seriously was comforting to him. That alone helped him.
I actually ceased the next day (dinner day 3 - maybe 4) because I felt the Lord had done with my fast, but the answer did not come for another week or 10 days.
I continued to pray though.
And the answer was an "interim" answer.The final answer came 12 - 18 months later.
Their rental agents would not renew and they could not find another place. The agent gave them a weeks grace about the time of this event. During that extra week a place turned up, but short term lease only. They were in that place on casual contract for 18 months when the Lord provided means to buy a place. During that time they could have been kicked out with 2 weeks notice - stressful for them.

Fasting is not a magic wand (not suggesting you think it is, just saying it), but it is a focused prayer.
I personally think it does more for us than it does to God - I worded that really badly, but I hope people understand what I mean.....

Archived