• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why I Am A Christian

Donald

• Members

I was cleaning up my computer today and I found an undated file called, “Why I am a Christian”(a left click of the file says that I wrote it in 2010).

After reading it, I thought that it was worth posting here.

Why I am a Christian:

I started to consider, what I would say if some Christ rejecting egg-headed know-it-all, were to ask me, “why I was a Christian?”
What could be said, to explain my decision, that he would understand?

The answer that came to mind, was the Bible.
“The Bible” has convinced me, that Christianity is the truth!

Now we can not expect an unsaved person, to be able to truly understand the Bible......

1 Corinthians 2:14
“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.”

But I think, that I can explain what it is about the Bible, that has convinced me that it is true.
-------------------------------------
Now I know, that the traditional way of proving that the Bible is God’s Word, is by pointing out all the prophecy, that has been fulfilled in it’s pages:
But this only applies to the saved person: Our faith in the Bible is increased, when we look at all the thousands of prophecies that have been fulfilled.
But when you are dealing with an unsaved person, they will find a way to explain away Bible prophecy, to their own satisfaction.

Actually God had given us more understandable evidence, that the Bible is absolutely true, that even an unsaved person could see, if they would only be willing to listen.

The evidence, that I am referring to, are the thousands & thousands of “details”, God has giving us in His Word, about every single doctrine and teaching.
It blows my mind, how detailed the Bible is.

God doesn’t simply give us an instruction or a command and say do it:
No; He gives us every detail as to why we should do it and how it will be a blessing to us.

In the same way, God does not simply teach us doctrine and tells us to believe it;
He also, gives us the details as to why that doctrine is important and how it fits in with every other doctrine in the Bible;
With no two doctrines, contradicting one another!?!

This fact alone, proves the Bible to be a supernatural book.

And all a person has to do, is to be willing to study it or ask someone to explain it to them, and their eyes would be open to how wonderful it is.

Archived