• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian based movies

• Members

The wife and I found the movie interesting. We enjoyed it, but wished they had used more than just one Scripture verse in it. There was no cursing, no sexual scenes, that was good for a movie made in the 21st Century.

The car chase scenes were cool, especially the part where Liz had to dodge a laser beam being shot at her. Liz did a good job defending herself against a sword wielding Alexis.

Brick, one of the good spies, was hilarious as an attention deficit computer geek.

Thank you! That's helpful.

• Members

Just watched "To Save A Life" (2008)

Was supposed to be a Christian movie. The gospel wasn't preached in it once. New age church theme.

The storyline is of a high school student (Jake) who witnesses a childhood friend (Roger) kill himself on school property. Jake has a hard time dealing with it and turns to Chris, the pastor who preached Roger's funeral. Long and short, Jake is instrumental in saving the life of another person.

Lot's of partying in the movie, beer pong, drunkenness, illicit sex. Two thumbs down.

• Members

Just watched "To Save A Life" (2008)

Was supposed to be a Christian movie. The gospel wasn't preached in it once. New age church theme.

The storyline is of a high school student (Jake) who witnesses a childhood friend (Roger) kill himself on school property. Jake has a hard time dealing with it and turns to Chris, the pastor who preached Roger's funeral. Long and short, Jake is instrumental in saving the life of another person.

Lot's of partying in the movie, beer pong, drunkenness, illicit sex. Two thumbs down.

It's a shame there are so many supposed Christian movies out there that are not. I don't remember the name of the movie I saw a year or so ago but it was billed as a Christian movie. I watched the entire movie waiting for the Christian aspect. I kept expecting one of the main charactors to somehow come to Christ or for one of them to suddenly remember they were supposed to be a Christian, but there was nothing. The movie mostly revolved around some sports, and boy and girl that kinda liked one another and some trouble makers at their school. No Gospel, no one proclaiming to be Christian, no hint of anything Christian. I still have no idea how that movie was categorized as Christian.

• Members

It's a shame there are so many supposed Christian movies out there that are not. I don't remember the name of the movie I saw a year or so ago but it was billed as a Christian movie. I watched the entire movie waiting for the Christian aspect. I kept expecting one of the main charactors to somehow come to Christ or for one of them to suddenly remember they were supposed to be a Christian, but there was nothing. The movie mostly revolved around some sports, and boy and girl that kinda liked one another and some trouble makers at their school. No Gospel, no one proclaiming to be Christian, no hint of anything Christian. I still have no idea how that movie was categorized as Christian.

I forgot to mention that Jake got baptized in the movie. Not once do you hear him make a profession of faith, nor do you hear him witnessing Christ.

• Members

I forgot to mention that Jake got baptized in the movie. Not once do you hear him make a profession of faith, nor do you hear him witnessing Christ.

That's actually worse than no Christian reference at all. Some could view that and fall for the easy believism idea or the baptism saves idea or perhaps the works based idea.

• Members

That's actually worse than no Christian reference at all. Some could view that and fall for the easy believism idea or the baptism saves idea or perhaps the works based idea.

Agreed. It is sad that so many of the churches seem to be moving toward easy-believism, touchy-feely,sin-ain't-so-bad messages. Making proselytes of people but not for Christ.

• Members

Agreed. It is sad that so many of the churches seem to be moving toward easy-believism, touchy-feely,sin-ain't-so-bad messages. Making proselytes of people but not for Christ.

Absolutely! And many of those sort of churches will actually show these "Christian" movies in their sanctuary or in their youth groups. It's little wonder so many get turned off with church and never want to return. That's sad because now they are more resistent to a true witness.

• Members

Just watched "Escape From Hell" (2000)

Makes for a good fiction, but we know (as the Bible teaches) there is no escape from hell.

A young doctor kills himself by lethal injection in order to disprove the reality of hell. After two of his colleagues revive him, he steals an ambulance and goes to a church where he gives his account of what happens to a priest.

This movie, like the one before it, receives a two thumbs down for the false doctrine of an escape from hell.

• Members

Just watched "Escape From Hell" (2000)

Makes for a good fiction, but we know (as the Bible teaches) there is no escape from hell.

A young doctor kills himself by lethal injection in order to disprove the reality of hell. After two of his colleagues revive him, he steals an ambulance and goes to a church where he gives his account of what happens to a priest.

This movie, like the one before it, receives a two thumbs down for the false doctrine of an escape from hell.

Is this movie put out by John Hagee?

• Members

We just finished watching "Deadly Choice, (1982) a movie dealing with abortion and the emotional pain that is part of the aftermath.

A Christian doctor who rallies against abortion must save the life of his daughter who secretly had an abortion and then tried to take her own life by overdose. At the end of the movie, the girl gives her life to Christ.

We found the movie interesting and thought provoking. Two thumbs up!

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ