• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian based movies

• Members

Watched "Heaven's Heroes" (1980 )

This action-packed true story of the life and witness of a Christian Police Officer called Dennis Hill asks the question, why did he have to die that night? How could such a tragedy be part of God's plan? Denny Hill, himself asks, "Where will you spend eternity?" The clear gospel, excellent acting and realistic portrayal of Police work, makes this film indelible viewing. Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• Members

Amazing Grace (2007)  about Wilberforce was a good movie as well.  There is another one called The Amazing Grace that is a biopic of John Newton.

I personally liked both The Encounter and The Encounter Paradise Lost.  I like the way the character gets right to the heart of what each person's issues are and deals with them on a personal level.

• Members

Just watched "The One Lamb" (2009)

Jackson Price is a high-powered attorney and rising star campaign manager for a US Senator. Until a scandalous affair ruins his career and Price loses it all.
Two thumbs up!  The movie is in English, but unfortunately has Czech subtitles throughout. 

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Watched "Last Ounce of Courage" (2012)

The son of a fallen soldier, years after his father's death, tries to reconnect with his grandfather, who is still grieving the loss of his child.

Excellent story!

We watched this movie at church before Christmas and I thought it was good. Some of it was a little over the top, or should I say, over-acted, but it was good.

ETA: Has anyone seen "God's Not Dead"? This seems to be more hyped up than a lot of other Christian themed films (mainly because it has that guy from "Duck Dynasty" in it). It has some pretty big name stars in it, like Dean Cain and Kevin Sorbo. I've heard mixed reviews. The biggest complaint I've heard is that it's very much all Christians are wonderful and all atheists are evil, horrible people bent on destroying Christianity. The other complaint is that the debate scene is so unrealistic and lacking in persuasion that it pretty much conveys a message that a Christian simply needs to say, "God is alive" and atheists are all going to fall down and repent right then and there. Anyone who has engaged in an apologetics debate with an atheist knows better than this. 

I was just wondering how "sound" this movie is. 

Edited by JimsHelpmeet

• Members

I've not personally seen "God's Not Dead" but I've heard from several who have and they all thought it was a great and beneficial movie.

One youth leader I spoke with took the youth from his church to see the movie and then went out to eat. He said the youth were all excited about the movie and couldn't stop discussing the points they had learned for defending the faith and combating the false assertions against God/Christianity.

I've had others tell me they learned some good points for defending the faith.

The closest thing to a negative I've heard was some saying they didn't care for some of the music, but the substance of the film they liked and appreciated.

However, having not seen it I can only offer those second hand reports. From what I've heard, I would like to see it when it comes out on DVD.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

Bought a movie today at Walmart for $3.74 called "Do You Believe?" (2015)

A dozen different souls - all moving in different directions, all longing for something more.  As their lives unexpectedly intersect, they each are about to discover there is power in the cross of Christ... even if they don't yet believe it.  When a local pastor is shaken to the core by the visible faith of an old street-corner preacher, he is reminded that true belief always requires actionHis response ignites a faith-fueled journey that powerfully impacts everyone it touches in ways that only God could orchestrate.  More than a movie, it's a question we all must answer in our lifetime,... DO YOU BELIEVE?

Lee Majors did a fantastic jub playing the role of JD Jenkins.

Two thumbs up!

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• 4 months later...