• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian based movies

• Members

Just watched "Revelation Road" (2012)

"After the entire world is thrown into chaos, a traveling salesman will have to fight his way through an outlaw biker gang to get home to his family."

Starring David A. R. White (End of the Harvest; Blink of an Eye)

Not the best, but interesting.  Leaves you hanging at the end with a message... "to be continued..."

• Members

We pay 15.99 a month to rent three DVD's at a time.  When we send back one, (or all three), Netflix sends the next movie(s) in the queue.  Usually can watch no less than six DVD's a week. 

My sister has an account with Netflix for streaming movies.  So, we can watch them via the internet as well. 

• Administrators

Yeah, I tend to agree, Linda. They are clean, for the most part, and that's one reason we watch some of them. He was raised Mennonite. I dont know if that has anything to do with it or not. Although they tend to be pacifist and RRoad is anything but! Lol

• Administrators

LuAnne,

Do you think that David A. R. White is of the belief that he might be able to reach the youth by all this "contemporary" dumbing down of the Gospel?

Yes, I do. I think he wants to reach adults, too. The message of his movies is good, but they don't always follow scripture. The non prophecy ones tend to be a bit more accepting of sin than they should be.

• Members

Watching "The Way Home" (2010)

Christal Simpkins (Lori Beth Edgeman) has long wished that her husband, Randy (Dean Cain), were more devoted to his family than to his job. But Randy's workaholism wreaks havoc on everyone when she leaves him in charge of their 2-year-old son, Joe, and the child goes missing. Based on a true story, this inspiring tale charts the coming together of an entire community to bring the baby home safely.

Very touching story

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Just watched "Marriage Retreat" starring David A. R. White and Andrea Logan White.

Three couples whose marriages are failing find a renewed love and commitment after attending a week-long retreat.

Enjoyed all in the movie except the music.

The movie can be watched at http://www.cross.tv/87001

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Google The Wednesday Morning Breakfast Club. Excellent movie only about 49 minutes long. I encourage you to watch the extra at the end too. You will meet the author that wrote the script for that Movie her name is Amanda Barber and the producer of the film Justin Barber her brother. The music in the movie was written by Richard Barber Justin and Amanda's Father.

I know this family. They are excellent Christians. Good Message in the film there is laughter and tears and one of those movie you watch and will feel good about. There is no cursing. Women are properly dressed. I can't say enough about this first movie of Duke Street Productions. Pray they make more good movies like this.

Edited by CauliflowerClown

• Members

Just watched "The Mark 2:  Redemption" (2013)

Moments after parachuting from Flight 777, a former Marine and a flight attendant find themselves descending into a world of madness due to the Rapture. Panic and chaos plague the streets, cities are on fire, and they're being hunted by a team of mercenaries.

Very interesting movie.

• Members

I find it troubling that in many Christian movies they tend to use some form of "quick prayerism" (or whatever one wants to call it).

Also, when it comes to those dealing with the end times there seems to be much confusion. While most pre-trib rapture pastors preach that if one had the chance to accept Christ prior to the rapture but didn't, they won't be able to after the rapture. Yet many of the end times movies feature those who had opportunity to be saved prior to the rapture suddenly "getting it", saying a quick prayer and being saved after the rapture.

Along these same lines, while most pre-trib rapture pastors preach the anti-Christ will rule the world brutally, that Christians will be persecuted and killed, and that this is all a part of God's end time plan; most of these movies dealing with the end times features new Christians fighting against the anti-Christ, often with the insinuation they could possibly prevail, and somehow these new Christians always seem to be a step ahead of the anti-Christ and causing him much trouble and thwarting his plans. All of this, in light of what the pastors preach on this matter, would indicate the Christians in these end times films are fighting against God since He's revealed this as His plan for judgment during that time.

Most of the end times movies these days also feature many Catholics being raptured away. They also present the idea that a very large number of people around the world are raptured. Both of these ideas fly in the face of Scripture which says one must be biblically born again to be saved and that few will enter.

Some of the Christian movies are entertaining, and some even have some good messages within, but many of them contain much that is questionable, especially when it is the opposite of what many pastors are preaching on the matter.