• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian based movies

• Members

About 75 to 80% accurate. Some hollywood flavor was added in.

The movie "Jacob" was about 75 to 80% accurate also.

(We are expecting to get "Joseph' and "Samson and Delilah" from "The Bible Collection this week, and "Moses" at a later date.

Thank you. I'll look forward to hearing about those also.

• Administrators

I watched In The Blink of An Eye the other night. I thought it was pretty good. End times themed movie about a detective and his wife on a vacation that turns into a nightmare.

Here is a preview I found on youtube

Yes, that was a surprisingly good movie - and quite suspenseful!

• Members

My wife and I just watched the movie "Abraham" (1994) from TNT's "The Bible Collection."

Movie was rather lengthy like the last one. (3:06) It covered Abraham's life from the time he left Ur of the Chaldees until he was stopped from sacrificing Isaac on the altar.

Several things in it that were contradictory to the Word.

• Members

It's a shame Hollywood seems to feel the need to add their own stuff to Bible stories. So many Bible stories are filled with more than enough adventure, sometimes romance, bravery, great story lines and even wickedness that they could most certainly stand on their own.

• Members

It's a shame Hollywood seems to feel the need to add their own stuff to Bible stories. So many Bible stories are filled with more than enough adventure, sometimes romance, bravery, great story lines and even wickedness that they could most certainly stand on their own.

I agree. Sadly though, it will continue. The world has no problem with exchanging the Word of Truth for a lie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just watched "Candle in the Dark" (2004). 94 minutes.

Excellent movie about William Carey, a Baptist missionary to India, and the trials he faced in bringing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost world. William Carey was responsible for the government banning 'Sati,' the burning of widows. He also translated the Bible into 6 different languages.

• Members

Just watched "Candle in the Dark" (2004). 94 minutes.

Excellent movie about William Carey, a Baptist missionary to India, and the trials he faced in bringing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost world. William Carey was responsible for the government banning 'Sati,' the burning of widows. He also translated the Bible into 6 different languages.

Sounds interesting! A missionary couple our church supports in India mentioned some of this during their brief trip back to the states last year.

• Members

Have Dialtone in my Netflix queue. They don't offer the other two.

Dial tone was a lot better that I expected. I was thinking it was going to be some cheesy movie but was pretty well done. there seems to be to many Christian movies out there that are just thrown together. Which reminds me if you every feel the need to watch Worm or Pray do not worst movies I have seen.