• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian based movies

• Administrators

Just watched "Behind the Sun" (1995).

A former muslim who converted to Christianity returns to his homeland to visit his family in hopes of sharing his faith with them.

Excellent movie!

Oh, yes! We got that movie a few years back. It is great. I loaned our copy and haven't gotten it back yet... :o

• Members

Just watched "The Perfect Stranger" (1994). A skeptical woman has dinner with Jesus Christ.

Fro the most part, I found this movie interesting, except for the fact that the woman and Jesus Christ shared a bottle of wine together during their conversation. A bottle of wine between two people over a few hours would have them both smashed.

My Jesus is not alcoholic, nor would He give alcoholic wine to someone else.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Just finished watching 2 movies.

The First Stone (1993) A homeless man takes on a job as a janitor at a Church and then is given the job as youth leader. Parents of the youth demand his resignation because of he unorthodox methods of teaching the youth. Good storyline, but did not end as I expected it to.

C,H. Spurgeon Tonight (1990) Dr Craig Skinner recites from memory one of Spurgeon's sermons. I was especially impressed with the fact that, although Spurgeon was Calvinistic, his message was devoid of Calvinistic teachings known as TULIP. In the sermon, Spurgeon challenged the congregation to "Look unto Jesus," and to "suppose Him to be the gardener." Powerful sermon.

• Members

I watched In The Blink of An Eye the other night. I thought it was pretty good. End times themed movie about a detective and his wife on a vacation that turns into a nightmare.

Here is a preview I found on youtube

David and Andrea White did an awesome job in that movie! Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• Members

Last night, my wife and I watched the movie "David" from TNT's "The Bible Collection."

Although the movie was quite lengthy (3:01) we both found it to be a great movie.

How biblically accurate is the movie?

I don't recall the actual title, but one night I noticed a movie on about David and watched some of it but the movie was so far from what the Bible put forth that I could even watch it.

• Members

How biblically accurate is the movie?

I don't recall the actual title, but one night I noticed a movie on about David and watched some of it but the movie was so far from what the Bible put forth that I could even watch it.

About 75 to 80% accurate. Some hollywood flavor was added in.

The movie "Jacob" was about 75 to 80% accurate also.

(We are expecting to get "Joseph' and "Samson and Delilah" from "The Bible Collection this week, and "Moses" at a later date. Edited by Standing Firm In Christ