• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian based movies

• Members

Just watched "The Appointment" (1990).

After receiving a message from an angel that she is going to die on September 19th at 6:05pm, a newspaper columnist finds it hard to concentrate on her work and her social life.

This movie has the Gospel message of the death, burial and resurrection in it. Interesting storyline.

• Members

I haven't read the Love Comes Softly books but saw the movies... I only liked the first one. I liked Facing the Giants. Has anyone seen To Save A Life yet? I liked it a lot... it's available to rent on Netflix. I also really liked The Blind Side with Sandra Bullock... another football movie but more focused on the real life story of this one football player. I liked Fireproof a lot.

I'm so glad there is a forum for this topic... I am always looking for good Christian movies and have trouble finding them.

A while back I was watching a Christian movie on DVD (and I can't remember which one) but there was a preview for a movie about two teenagers who made the wrong choice and had intimate relations, they get pregnant, and then decide to keep the baby. I can't remember the name of this movie but I wanted to see it. Does anybody have any idea what the title of this movie might be? Thanks.

• Members

It's a shame there are so many supposed Christian movies out there that are not. I don't remember the name of the movie I saw a year or so ago but it was billed as a Christian movie. I watched the entire movie waiting for the Christian aspect. I kept expecting one of the main charactors to somehow come to Christ or for one of them to suddenly remember they were supposed to be a Christian, but there was nothing. The movie mostly revolved around some sports, and boy and girl that kinda liked one another and some trouble makers at their school. No Gospel, no one proclaiming to be Christian, no hint of anything Christian. I still have no idea how that movie was categorized as Christian.

Was the movie called "Saved" ? I saw that and I'm pretty sure it was a spoof meant to be anti-Christian. I too thought it was going to be a Christian movie.

As for "To Save A Life" the main character did get lead to Christ and had to defend his faith to his friends and family. He lead his girlfriend to the church. It also had the Christian theme of not getting an abortion. Instead they gave the baby to a Christian family in the church who couldn't have children. There was drinking and intimate relations, but I think that was to set the scene to show how wayward the main character was so that later on when he was saved they could show how he had changed and how Christ was in his life. I do agree though that they should have had scriptures in there since it's a Christian movie, having the scriptures to lead somebody to Christ would have been good. Perhaps not a movie one lets their children watch with the parties and intimate relations at the start. Otherwise I liked it.

• Members

As for "To Save A Life" the main character did get lead to Christ and had to defend his faith to his friends and family. He lead his girlfriend to the church. It also had the Christian theme of not getting an abortion. Instead they gave the baby to a Christian family in the church who couldn't have children. There was drinking and intimate relations, but I think that was to set the scene to show how wayward the main character was so that later on when he was saved they could show how he had changed and how Christ was in his life. I do agree though that they should have had scriptures in there since it's a Christian movie, having the scriptures to lead somebody to Christ would have been good. Perhaps not a movie one lets their children watch with the parties and intimate relations at the start. Otherwise I liked it.
I disagree with your assessment that Jake became a Christian.

I just watched the movie again, and the gospel is not preached once before Jake is baptized in the ocean. Scripture declares that faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God. Yet, in all the scenes prior to Jake's baptism, there is not one iota of Scripture given. He did not hear the gospel message, therefore, he could not have been saved.

Even after his baptism, he refers going to Church and reading the Bible as "cr*p."

No, he didn't become a Christian. He joined a new age church group that likes drinking cokes through dirty socks. Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• Members

Just watched "RUST", (2010).

A minister leaves the Church after losing his faith. His personal investigation of the death of a family in a house fire is instrumental in bringing him back to faith.

Although this movie is listed as a Christian movie, the Gospel is not mentioned once. It is a family friendly movie with no cursing in it.

• Members

Check out the movie:

Haichi: A Dog's Tale

Based on a true story of an incredibly loyal dog. Some lessons could probably be learned by Christians from this movie even though it really isn't a Christian movie. It's rated G. I didn't find anything in it objectional. It reminded me a little of a book I read years ago by a preacher named "Fighting Bob" Shuler. Not the Crystal Cathedral Robert Shuler but a different preacher. The book was entitled, "Some Dogs I Have Known." About how beleivers could a thing or two from dogs. Very good.

• Administrators

Check out the movie:

Haichi: A Dog's Tale

Based on a true story of an incredibly loyal dog. Some lessons could probably be learned by Christians from this movie even though it really isn't a Christian movie. It's rated G. I didn't find anything in it objectional. It reminded me a little of a book I read years ago by a preacher named "Fighting Bob" Shuler. Not the Crystal Cathedral Robert Shuler but a different preacher. The book was entitled, "Some Dogs I Have Known." About how beleivers could a thing or two from dogs. Very good.

I agree, it's a great movie. We watched it this past week. And I cried. I've been wanting a puppy, and that just made it worse. :icon_mrgreen:

Fighting Bob Shuler was a fantastic preacher! He preached often at our church and we dearly loved him. I've never read the book, but I'm sure it's good. He had some fascinating stories to tell!