• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian based movies

• Members
I stopped watching after the first one. :frog I started the 2nd one and couldn't finish it and started the 3rd one and couldn't finish it. Compared to the books, they were sooooo stooooooooooooooopid! But that's just me. :Green When I heard they killed off Willie, I completely gave up on them. :roll Sheesh! They make Missie out to be some kind of ERA woman or something.

Hehe, sorry for the rant. :Bleh

I was cracking up when I read your post!!! It's so true!!! LoL!!! My sister and I went on and on and on and on when we heard that Willie dies!!! I don't care how romantic they think her new husband is!!! And what you said about Missie!?!!?!?! I was rolling on my keyboard!!!!!!

I've seen Facing the Giants and Flywheel and can't wait to see Fireproof!!! I enjoyed Flywheel much more though Giants was a very moving movie too.

• Members

It is somewhat like Fireproof in that it touches on marriage as one of it's main themes. It's about a Christian guy who owns a car lot that is going down hill. In order to keep up he starts some shady dealings etc.....taking advantage of customers......Anyway, it's about him getting back to the Lord and giving the Lord his life even though it looks "hopeless". I really liked it and felt it applied to "real life" a little better than Facing the Giants. Anywho....it's good :frog

• Members
It is somewhat like Fireproof in that it touches on marriage as one of it's main themes. It's about a Christian guy who owns a car lot that is going down hill. In order to keep up he starts some shady dealings etc.....taking advantage of customers......Anyway' date=' it's about him getting back to the Lord and giving the Lord his life even though it looks "hopeless". I really liked it and felt it applied to "real life" a little better than Facing the Giants. Anywho....it's good :frog[/quote']

Thank you Sarah! :thumb

• Members

We saw "Facing The Giants" and "Flywheel" and have them on DVD...have not seen "Fireproof" yet. Might have to wait till it comes out in DVD or when it is shown on Starz or TBN and tape it to our DVR and then make a DVD from that. The latest movie we saw was John Bunyan's "Pilgrim's Progress". It was offered as a free download and I can't remember the site....but that movie stuck very close to the book...excellent movie if you can find it on the internet. Facing the Giants and Flywheel were really good too.

Someone from my school tried to tell me to watch a movie called "The Outsider". apparently it is a Hallmark movie about an Amish woman' date=' has anyone heard of it? I'm reluctant to look for it until i know what it is like.[/quote']

Yes, Ashlee. :-) I have seen that movie several times. It isn't a Christian movie, but it is alright. It is action packed...staring Tim Daley and Naomi Watts. It is supposed to depict the life of a widowed Amish woman (her son) and her relationship with a rough English man. It does have a couple of racy parts in it. Typical Hollywood. You know? :frog It is an adult movie. They could have omitted some parts. I wouldn't suggest it as a family movie. JMHO.

Another movie that I saw on TBN (yeah...unreal :lol ) was Behind the Walls. It starts out very slow, but it is intended to bring people back to the faith. I thought it was good for those wandering around in backslid din relationships with Christ. Those who were brought up in the faith...that have "wayward" hearts. It was a "Prodigal Son" movie. :-)

• 5 weeks later...
  • Administrators
I think some folks have mentioned "The Nativity Story" on OB before. Could someone give a review of this or post a link to one if it's already been posted?

We saw it last year. It wasn't a bad movie, although I didn't really care for the way they presented Mary in the beginning. She was kind of rebellious seeming, and I really don't think she was truly that way. It was interesting. My brother had the dvd. I personally wouldn't buy the movie, but it was a nice evening. Can't remember a lot of details, because it's been almost a year. But the bit about Mary kind of stuck out to me.

• Members

Thank you LuAnne.

That's one of the things I don't like about many Christian/Bible-based movies; they seem to really portray many characters in ways the Bible doesn't suggest. Moses is so often protrayed as not really trusting God and not wanting to follow God; Jesus is often portrayed very wimpy, sometimes even somewhat feminine; John the Baptist sometimes seems almost crazy; etc.