• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian based movies

• Members

Im starting this thread because I can!!!! :lol Hmmm I sound like someone else... just kidding.

Serously, has anyone ever seen Flywheel or Facing the Giants? There is a new one coming out by the same folks called Fireproof.

Do you all have any input on these? I liked them. They were clean and nice to watch as a family not worrying about the next scene. :2cents

What say you?

• Administrators

We haven't seen Flywheel, but we did watch Facing the Giants. It was great! My hubby, son and I watched it, and we were all moved. The lessons behind it stayed with us for quite a while!

We are looking foreward to Fireproof. I wish it was a DVD release, but I am glad that it will be in the theatre (although we will wait until it's out on DVD). Kirk Cameron is pretty well known, so a lot of people will probably go see it. I've seen a couple of trailers, and it looks like the gospel is presented in it. Can't wait to see it.

• Members

I think I saw the end of "Facing the Giants." If I really did, I didn't like it at all. Probably only because since it was a sports movie, I had certain expectations.

At the end of the movie do they play a team in black called the Giants when a little kid kicks a 50 yard FG to win?

• Administrators
I think I saw the end of "Facing the Giants." If I really did, I didn't like it at all. Probably only because since it was a sports movie, I had certain expectations.

At the end of the movie do they play a team in black called the Giants when a little kid kicks a 50 yard FG to win?

Wrong movie. :verymad: :lol:

• Members

I finally saw Facing the Giants Sunday night. For a change, TBN actually had something worth watching :Green

The movie seemed to start kind of slow and I couldn't see any Christian aspect at all, but rather suddenly the Christian aspect appeared (you could finally tell these people were Christians they were actually at a Christian school) and the quality of the story and movie picked up as well. Not saying there were not some good things about the beginning of the movie, I could actually relate to some of it and found some humor there too. Anyway, it turned out to be a good movie.

And yes, actually at the end of Facing the Giants, the Christian team (Eagles) play a team called the Giants and the final game ends when they call in their small replacement kicker (not a kid) to kick a 51 yard field goal. God changes the direction of the wind which helps the kicker make the field goal.

I actually saw advertisements for the movie Fireproof on Fox News Channel!

• Administrators

That's where the title came from - they had to face the literal team "Giants," but also giants in their lives.

Another good movie is Behind the Sun. http://www.christiancinema.com/catalog/ ... cts_id=743

It's about a muslim young man who gets saved while in school in America. And then he goes home. And his family finds out he's saved. Good movie!!!

Another good movie is In the Presence of Mine Enemies. http://www.christiancinema.com/catalog/ ... ts_id=1838
It's about a Jewish family and the Warsaw uprising. It doesn't mention Christianity, but it's a good reminder of what they went through.

• Members

I really liked the movie 'Beyond the Next Mountain" about a young boy who goes out from his remote village in India so he can translate the Bible into the language of his people. It's the true story of Rochunga Podiate...really awesome story.

I like the Love Comes Softly series of movies, though i wish they'd stayed closer to the books since I like that Janette Oke series. However they're clean and amusing. There's a scene in the first one where Clark walks in when Marty is in the bathtub (she's asleep in there and all covered up in water) and it scares Clark so much he jumps and accidently sits down on the hot stove. He burns himself, falls forward and hits his head on the table. He passes out there. I watch that scene over and over because I laugh until I cry every time.

I liked "Facing the Giants"...never saw "Flywheel". A Christian movie I really like is "Walking Across Egypt"...now I saw this on the focus on the family movie so they may have changed it a little bit. I'm not sure if there is any cursing in the original (I would hope not, but I can't guarantee).

• Members

Yeah...I just pretend that they aren't really the Love Comes Softly characters. Otherwise it would irritate me too.

Like how Kevin Sullivan made the 3rd Anne of Green Gables into something horrible and so unlike Anne. Why would he do that?? Argh I can't stand that 3rd Anne movie because it's nothing like the books at all.

• Administrators

How's this for refreshing?

When it comes to smooching, Kirk Cameron only has lips for his wife.

The former star of the TV sitcom "Growing Pains" refused to kiss the actress who played his wife in his new movie "Fireproof," he told the "Today" show on Monday.

?I have a commitment not to kiss any other woman,? he told the morning show. So his real wife, actress Chelsea Noble, was the body double for the onscreen kiss.

"So when I?m kissing my wife, we?re actually husband and wife honoring marriage behind the scenes,? Cameron told "Today."

The former child star became an evangelical Christian at 17 and is involved in The Way of the Master ministries.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,427161,00.html

• Members

Has anyone seen "The Fourth Wiseman" or "Time Changer"? They're sort of good. "Facing the Giants" has me crying all throughout it since we went through years of infertility too - what they go through is so similar to what we went through and brings all those emotions right back. And the everything's-going-wrong-life-is-falling-apart sort of happenings to them really hit me too because it seems like we've been there a lot too!