• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Slimjet Web Browser

No Nicolaitans

• Members

How about sexually oriented 'pop-ups' and ads for off-color content?

I can't answer that, because right after I downloaded the browser, I installed the browser add-on "Do Not Track Me" from the Chrome webstore on it. It blocks pop-ups, ads, and tracking cookies.

It's a great add-on and does what it claims to do. However, if you're not used to it, it can be frustrating, because it blocks everything...therefore, some web pages may not work right. You have to either tell it what not to block or not to block at all on some web sites. It sounds like a hassle, I know.  But I've used Do Not Track Me now for a few years, and I couldn't imagine not having it.  

I can't answer that, because right after I downloaded the browser, I installed the browser add-on "Do Not Track Me" from the Chrome webstore on it. It blocks pop-ups, ads, and tracking cookies.

It's a great add-on and does what it claims to do. However, if you're not used to it, it can be frustrating, because it blocks everything...therefore, some web pages may not work right. You have to either tell it what not to block or not to block at all on some web sites. It sounds like a hassle, I know.  But I've used Do Not Track Me now for a few years, and I couldn't imagine not having it.  

There is no hassle in preventing a parade of smut from passing before my eyes. Thanks and can you send a link for the add-on? :)

• Members

There is no hassle in preventing a parade of smut from passing before my eyes. Thanks and can you send a link for the add-on? :)

Here's the link to it in the webstore...I hope it works, because I'm at work, so I'm not on the computer at home that I use Slimjet on. Slimjet accesses the Chrome Webstore though...so it will hopefully work. 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/donottrackme-online-priva/epanfjkfahimkgomnigadpkOBaefekcd?hl=en

Here's a link to their website if you want more information about it...you can also install it from their website, but it's quicker to just add the extension from the webstore. 

http://www.abine.com/donottrackme.html

They have a paid version...I think it's $5 a month, but I just use the free version...and it works great!   :thumb:

Archived