• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Slimjet Web Browser

No Nicolaitans

• Members

We all want a fast web browser...right?

Well, I think that I've found the fastest one that I've ever tried; Slimjet. It's built off of the open-source Chromium platform (which Google Chrome is built from), so it's basically Google Chrome...only faster!   :yeah:

I've been using this browser for a few days, and I absolutely love it! The only drawback that I've found is that it's only available for Windows right now, but versions for Mac and Linux are in the works.

Here's the link if you're interested --> http://www.slimjet.com/en/

We all want a fast web browser...right?

Well, I think that I've found the fastest one that I've ever tried; Slimjet. It's built off of the open-source Chromium platform (which Google Chrome is built from), so it's basically Google Chrome...only faster!   :yeah:

I've been using this browser for a few days, and I absolutely love it! The only drawback that I've found is that it's only available for Windows right now, but versions for Mac and Linux are in the works.

Here's the link if you're interested --> http://www.slimjet.com/en/

Let me know the things you've found you don't like.

• Members

Let me know the things you've found you don't like.

So far, I haven't found anything that I don't like about it...well, the icons (home button, back, refresh, etc.) don't look as nice as they do on Google Chrome, but that's not a prOBlem...especially with the speed.

If I find anything though, I'll let you know.

• Members

prOBlem is i don't understand what the computer lingo means and instead of taking chances i do nothing.. my own fault i know

Hey...better safe than sorry!

Everything that I've learned has been trial and error...a lot of trials and A LOT of errors!   :nuts:

The reason that I said Slimjet was faster than Google Chrome actually had a lot to do with this site (Online Baptist)...since you mentioned that there were things missing from here when you tried it. When I log onto the forum, it takes quite a while for everything to load here. I've tried all different kinds of browsers, and it's always the same. Now, a lot of that has to do with the internet speed that I pay for; however, when I first downloaded Slimjet, I tried it on this website before any other. BOOM! Everything pulled up with hardly any delay at all. So I tried it on a few other sites that I knew were slow to load, and BOOM! Same thing. It's been that way ever since I've used it too.

I'm kind of a weird-o though about trying different things on the computer.  :nuts:

If you're happy with Google Chrome, and it suits you...stay with it!   :thumb:

• Members

I'm not always happy with google chrome.. i would try something else if i could find something that would transfer bookmarks,, slimjet did... and when i went to a web page everything would show up

• Members

I'm not always happy with google chrome.. i would try something else if i could find something that would transfer bookmarks,, slimjet did... and when i went to a web page everything would show up

Well, there's always Firefox...which I like, but sometimes there are prOBlems when they update to newer versions. When there are prOBlems, it's usually fixed pretty quickly.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/

Opera is a really good browser that I like a lot, but it takes some getting used to.

http://www.opera.com/

SeaMonkey is good and has a lot of extras. It's from the same people who make Firefox. However, it looks a little out-dated...but that doesn't affect its performance.

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/

Midori is a pretty good browser that I tried for a while, but it's been a couple of years ago. Back then, it seemed a little slower than Google and Firefox, but it was still a decent browser.

http://midori-browser.org/

Those are going to be your top choices...and fastest browsers...that I'm aware of.  There are A LOT of browsers to choose from; it all depends on your tastes though. I've tried several others besides the ones I listed, but those are my top choices...others may disagree.  :coverlaugh:

• Members

i had firefox for awhile and liked it but switched to google chrome and like it but its slow at times....

Ms. Rosie, do you know how to clear your cookies? That could help with the speed. As you use the internet, "cookies" build up in your browser...cookies are left on your computer by the websites that you visit.

If you're not sure how to clear them, just do the following...

1. Click the icon in the upper right-hand corner that looks like 3 lines on top of each other. (This will pull up a window with options).

2. Click on History. (This will pull up your browsing history in a new tab).

3. Click the rectangle at the top that says Clear browsing data...(this will pull up another small window with options of what you want to clear from your computer).

4. Make sure there is a check-mark in the box next to Cookies and other site and plug-in data. (I always check every option there; it won't hurt if you check everything; however, it will delete any saved passwords that you might have and any saved automatic form fill-ins...including usernames. If you don't want to have to re-enter usernames, passwords that you may have saved, etc., just put a check next to the "Cookies" option and leave the rest blank).

5. Next, you'll want to choose the option to "OBliterate the following items from: the beginning of time. (This is the rectangle above where you put the check-marks).

6. Finally click the rectangle that says Clear browsing data. (Located below where you put the check-marks).

It might take a little bit of time...depending on how long you've used the browser without having done this before. I do this at least once a week. 

Now, if you do this, you may notice that some websites load slower (you'll prOBably notice it here at Online Baptist). That's because you've done away with the cookies, so the sites will be putting new ones on. After that though, you should be fine. 

I'm not saying it will solve your prOBlem, but it might be part of the answer.

Archived