• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pre Tribulation Rapture

• Members

Pre Tribulation rapture

The bride, the lamb’s wife, which is the church, is in the new Jerusalem before the last half of the tribulation begins and the seven last vials of plagues are poured out.

Revelation 21:9-11

9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Ooo-no, Rev 21 occurs after the wrath was poured out-John just points out that one of the angels which HAD, (previously) the seven vials, etc...  Rev 21 is after the tribulation, after the wrath, after the last judgment, after the heaven and earth pass away.

• Members

Ooo-no, Rev 21 occurs after the wrath was poured out-John just points out that one of the angels which HAD, (previously) the seven vials, etc...  Rev 21 is after the tribulation, after the wrath, after the last judgment, after the heaven and earth pass away.

John is describing the angel he had written about in chapter 16.

(When the 1260 days of the two witnesses testimony is finished the second woe is past. That will be the mid point of the tribulation.)

Revelation 11:3,7,11-14

3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.

(When the 1260 days of the two witnesses testimony is finished the second woe is past. That will be the mid point of the tribulation.)

(The third woe will be the devil cast to the earth where he will persecute Israel for a time, times and half a time or the last 3.5 years of the tribulation.)

Revelation 12:12b-14

12b Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

• Members

I would say that the "church" in the present age of grace is the Body of Christ, not "the bride".

From Paul's second epistle to the Corinthians...

2 Corinthians 11:2
For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

• Members

Pre Tribulation rapture

The bride, the lamb’s wife, which is the church, is in the new Jerusalem before the last half of the tribulation begins and the seven last vials of plagues are poured out.

Revelation 21:9-11

9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,  we are told in verse two that the holy city, the new Jerusalem

11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

I don't see where it says the Lamb's Bride is the church.  the way this whole chapter looks it is the NEW JERUSALEM that is the Bride.

Context is everything and you left out the leading contextual Verses

Rev 21:1 ¶ And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.  My this is what it says in verse 10 says also so why all the new supposition?

So once again where exactly does it say the Bride is the "Church the Body of Christ" or that the church is in the new Jerusalem?

you see the prOBlem everyone?

Men's opinions, assumptions and suppositions are placed within the verses (pretextually of course, that is without the immediate context) and then they teach this junk to the next generation as Biblical without regard for the curse of adding to the word of God, without fear of God and calling it sound doctrine.

this is what JW's and other cults do, they place the words of men within the Bible and teach it as God's word, no worse blasphemy than this could be committed.

A key word folks is "AS". As is used to present somthing "similar" but not necessarily the "actual"

look here Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.  There eyes were open like God's eyes were to know good and evil.  But does that make them gods?

being presented as a chase virgin to a husband is a similitude not a "Actual".  Paul's idea was to present us pure in heart as one present a bride to her husband without spot or blemish of the world.  We are made pure by Christ already so it wasn't to do with actual.  It has to do with ones heart.

• Members

I don't see where it says the Lamb's Bride is the church.  the way this whole chapter looks it is the NEW JERUSALEM that is the Bride.

Context is everything and you left out the leading contextual Verses

Rev 21:1 ¶ And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.  My this is what it says in verse 10 says also so why all the new supposition?

So once again where exactly does it say the Bride is the "Church the Body of Christ" or that the church is in the new Jerusalem?

you see the prOBlem everyone?

Men's opinions, assumptions and suppositions are placed within the verses (pretextually of course, that is without the immediate context) and then they teach this junk to the next generation as Biblical without regard for the curse of adding to the word of God, without fear of God and calling it sound doctrine.

this is what JW's and other cults do, they place the words of men within the Bible and teach it as God's word, no worse blasphemy than this could be committed.

A key word folks is "AS". As is used to present somthing "similar" but not necessarily the "actual"

look here Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.  There eyes were open like God's eyes were to know good and evil.  But does that make them gods?

being presented as a chase virgin to a husband is a similitude not a "Actual".  Paul's idea was to present us pure in heart as one present a bride to her husband without spot or blemish of the world.  We are made pure by Christ already so it wasn't to do with actual.  It has to do with ones heart.

Revelation 21:2
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

This only says that the new Jerusalem is prepared "as" a bride...it doesn't say that the new Jerusalem "is" the bride. If the new Jerusalem is the place that Jesus said he would go to prepare (John 14:2)...which I personally believe it is...then Christ is the one who prepared the new Jerusalem "as" a bride. However...

Revelation 19:7-8
  7   Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
  8   And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

The "bride/wife" has made herself ready (prepared). The bride lives in the new Jerusalem.

• Members

Romans 7:4
Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

my brethren is Israel parts of Romans 7 8 and 9 are directed to Israel.

My point is YOU nor the OP can unequivocally claim from the Bible that the Body of Christ is in the NEW JERUSALEM.  Not one Bible verse supports those opinions, assumptions, beliefs or suppositions, your words leaven the words of Rev 21 and will lead many astray.  And when you add that to the word of God without the Bible saying it you have corrupted and your are handling the word of God deceitfully.

2Cor 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully;

2Cor 2:17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God:

Jesus did say that many will come, saying, I am the Christ (that is Jesus is the Christ) and deceive many.  We are in those days of men who deceive with all subilty and make merchandise of people (do the word of Ministry for money, 401k's, Cars. homes, jets. boats and other worldly goods) Because their God is their belly.

Beware of false teachers that say the body of Christ is here or there,  For they deceive and corrupt the very words of God in this heresy that has been assumed by even IFB pastors.

• Members

my brethren is Israel parts of Romans 7 8 and 9 are directed to Israel.

My point is YOU nor the OP can unequivocally claim from the Bible that the Body of Christ is in the NEW JERUSALEM.  Not one Bible verse supports those opinions, assumptions, beliefs or suppositions, your words leaven the words of Rev 21 and will lead many astray.  And when you add that to the word of God without the Bible saying it you have corrupted and your are handling the word of God deceitfully.

2Cor 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully;

2Cor 2:17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God:

Jesus did say that many will come, saying, I am the Christ (that is Jesus is the Christ) and deceive many.  We are in those days of men who deceive with all subilty and make merchandise of people (do the word of Ministry for money, 401k's, Cars. homes, jets. boats and other worldly goods) Because their God is their belly.

Beware of false teachers that say the body of Christ is here or there,  For they deceive and corrupt the very words of God in this heresy that has been assumed by even IFB pastors.

Okay. 2nd admonition is over now.

• Moderators

John is describing the angel he had written about in chapter 16.

Revelation 11:3,7,11-14

3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.

(The third woe will be the devil cast to the earth where he will persecute Israel for a time, times and half a time or the last 3.5 years of the tribulation.)

Revelation 12:12b-14

12b Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Not completely sure what this has to do with what we just spoke on

Yes, the angel John mentions in Rev 21:9 is the same angel that had the plagues, but this is not the same time period. We need to accept the context when the context is clear, and the clear context here begins in vs1 of the chapter:

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife..."

So the clear context, time-wise, is after the GWT judgment, after heaven and earth have passed away, after the formation of the new heaven and hew earth-John sees the New Jerusalem descending from heaven, is given a general description of the world which is beginning, and the holiness thereof, and then, one of the angels, the one that had, and presumably passed out, the vials of the wrath of God, comes to speak with John, to show him the bride, the Lamb's wife.

On a side note, interestingly, he shows John the Holy City, New Jerusalem, and John gives us a detailed description OF the New Jerusalem. Didn't see a bride anywhere. Oh, maybe it IS the Holy City? Because I don't see anything else. "Let me show you the bride, the Lamb's wife", then, bam onto a mountain, "and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God". Where's the bride? Why would the angel say he was going to shoe John the bride, and then immediately show him New Jerusalem? With no mention of the church anywhere? 

But that's for another discussion.

Archived