• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Israel In Darkness

• Members

Right or wrong, people cheer for their men fighting for them and that in part entails the cheering of the death and destruction of the enemy. We live in a fallen world full of sinners. Such should be no surprise. During The War in America civilians came out to have a picnic and watch "the show" as they expected the Yankee army to wipe out the Confederate army and bring about a one battle end to the conflict. Cheers went up in many American cities when it was announced Bin Laden was dead.

Yup. Here what the Brits had to say when, during the Falklands confilct, an Argentinian battleship that was outside the exclusion zone and sailing away from it was sunk by the Royal Navy, killing 323 people:

The_Sun_Gotcha.png

The Sun is the biggest selling newspaper in UK, then and today.

• Members

God will judge the seat of the beast in Israel and the kingdom of antichrist in America before Jesus comes with his anointed to Armageddon by causing a permanent solar eclipse over Israel.

Joel 3:13-16

13Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great.

14Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.

15The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.

16The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

• Members

Before Armageddon the sun and moon will standstill over Israel. They will form a solar eclipse and go from site.

Habakkuk 3:11-13

11 The sun and moon stood still in their habitation: at the light of thine arrows they went, and at the shining of thy glittering spear.

12Thou didst march through the land in indignation, thou didst thresh the heathen in anger.

13Thou wentest forth for the salvation of thy people, even for salvation with thine anointed; thou woundedst the head out of the house of the wicked, by discovering the foundation unto the neck. Selah.

Did you notice that the whole of chapter 3 till verse 16 is in the past tense?

• Members

Did you notice that the whole of chapter 3 till verse 16 is in the past tense?

Could it possibly be because Habakkuk was shown these things and he was relating what he had seen?
Similar to John in Revelation 1.
 10  I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

and,

12  And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

and further along.

• Members

Hey Eric is that North or South America? How can there be a kingdom when its frozen tundra? 

It will be the kingdom of antichrist at the beginning of the tribulation before the cold. Daniel 11:39 says 666 will do his will in the most strongholds. (North America.) Shine a flash light on a glOBe over Israel, all that you see is in the sun light and all that you don't will be dark.

• Members

Before Armageddon the sun and moon will standstill over Israel. They will form a solar eclipse and go from site.

Habakkuk 3:11-13

11 The sun and moon stood still in their habitation: at the light of thine arrows they went, and at the shining of thy glittering spear.

12Thou didst march through the land in indignation, thou didst thresh the heathen in anger.

13Thou wentest forth for the salvation of thy people, even for salvation with thine anointed; thou woundedst the head out of the house of the wicked, by discovering the foundation unto the neck. Selah.

As Invicta pointed out, Hab. 3 is largely in the PAST tense, not prophecy. Habakkuk's prophecy is concerned with the Chaldean/Babylonian invasion of corrupt Judah & the resultant captivity. >See my sermon.

In chapter 3, Hab prays for revival, remembering God's past saving acts for Israel, particularly the deliverance from Egypt & their experiences on the way to the promised land. You will find it instructive to look at the cross references to the Pentateuch, e.g.

3 God came from Teman, and the Holy One from mount Paran. Selah. His glory covered the heavens, and the earth was full of his praise.

Deut. 33:1 And this is the blessing, wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death. 2 And he said , The LORD came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them.

Josh. 10:12 Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon. 13 And the sun stood still , and the moon stayed , until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies . Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day. 14 And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the LORD hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the LORD fought for Israel.

Clearly Habakkuk takes encouragement from God's past dealings with Israel & his promises. Your "prophetic insights" are private interpretations. Like Habakkuk, WE need to learn to live by faith in these troubled times.

• Members

As Invicta pointed out, Hab. 3 is largely in the PAST tense, not prophecy. Habakkuk's prophecy is concerned with the Chaldean/Babylonian invasion of corrupt Judah & the resultant captivity. >See my sermon.

In chapter 3, Hab prays for revival, remembering God's past saving acts for Israel, particularly the deliverance from Egypt & their experiences on the way to the promised land. You will find it instructive to look at the cross references to the Pentateuch, e.g.

3 God came from Teman, and the Holy One from mount Paran. Selah. His glory covered the heavens, and the earth was full of his praise.

Deut. 33:1 And this is the blessing, wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death. 2 And he said , The LORD came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them.

Josh. 10:12 Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon. 13 And the sun stood still , and the moon stayed , until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies . Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day. 14 And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the LORD hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the LORD fought for Israel.

Clearly Habakkuk takes encouragement from God's past dealings with Israel & his promises. Your "prophetic insights" are private interpretations. Like Habakkuk, WE need to learn to live by faith in these troubled times.

Covenanter,

God showed Habakkuk the bowl or vial judgments which he described in chapter three. Then Habakkuk said he understood that God's blessing would not come in his time but that he would rejoice and have joy in the Lord anyway. Read it in the king James Bible for best understanding.

Eric

• Members

Could it possibly be because Habakkuk was shown these things and he was relating what he had seen?
Similar to John in Revelation 1.
 10  I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

and,

12  And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

and further along.

Could be.

• Members

Before Armageddon God will cause a permanent solar eclipse to form over Israel which will give Israel a shadow when the sun becomes 7 fold strength near the end of the tribulation. When the sun stays over Israel America will stay dark. That is why I believe America will be the kingdom of antichrist that will be judge with darkness in Revelation 16:10-11.

Isaiah 13:9-11

9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

11And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

• Members

Those verses say nothing of a solar eclipse or a darkened America. It says the sun, moon and stars won't give light. That would impact the entire planet, placing the entire planet in darkness. That would fit with "I will punish the world".

• Members

Those verses say nothing of a solar eclipse or a darkened America. It says the sun, moon and stars won't give light. That would impact the entire planet, placing the entire planet in darkness. That would fit with "I will punish the world".

Hi John,

The bible quotes I have given show that the sun and moon will stand still over Israel but shine no light down on Israel. Other quotes also tell us that the light of the stars will be withdrawn also. This happens for a short time now during a solar eclipse. It will cause a shadow on a clear day.

• Members

Maybe it's already dark in here because I can't see it.

John,

You have a lot of company. I don't think anyone has seen the cause of the darkness nor the resulting judgment on America that seems so plain to me. I would doubt my understanding if I didn't see it in the bible.

I do appreciate your causing me to explain.

Your brother in Christ

Eric

• Members

I appreciate your attempts to explain. It's my continued hope that either you will finally explain in a way that I understand and can agree, or in your attempts to explain you come to another conclusion. Either way, if we are searching for the truth it's worthwhile.

Archived