• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Things Are Often Not As They Seem

2bLikeJesus

• Members

During recess we used to play cops and rOBbers, cowboys and Indians, war, holding our fingers like guns and making shooting sounds. Today they expel children from school for such play and they are marked as a potential danger; or worse.

• Members

Lovely story, with a moral! I wonder how much the official solution cost, compared with buying enough crayons!

While I never got into trouble for it, my favourite drawing implement was black pencil - because I wanted detail. I couldn't get on with charcoal or brush because they were so imprecise. In WWII I drew on anything white - envelopes, food & cigarette packets, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

My father told me when he was in school, they had a project to cut out paper dolls. The instructions were "just follow the line" well that worked good until he got to the neck line of the dress and accidentally cut off the doll's head. The teachers response was not to call a psychoanalyst  but to hall off and smack him right across the face.

Archived