• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Who Do You Listen To?

Jordan Kurecki

• Administrators

SFIC, quit. He's the originator of the thread, and he can ask for what input he desires. 

Jordan, I like a variety of musicians. I'll just list some here:

Bronn Journey - they are a husband/wife team. He's a harpist and she plays piano and sings at times (not a lot, just enough to really add to the music).  I have their The River is Wide CD.  It's great - very relaxing and uplifting.

I have other CDs done by the SMS Orchestra and Mens' Chorus, the Herbster Trio, the Stouffer Family Men.

I have a CD called His Love is the Theme of My Song, done by a lady in my church who is a good friend, loves the Lord, and can really sing.  It is a CD of hymns.  Plus I have a number of CDs recorded by mu church.

I also like classical. I have a CD of Messiah. It's great.  and Vivaldi's Four Seasons.   There are others, but that's good to go on.  :clapping:

• Members

I'm curious, Jordan...

Did you accept those Skrillex tickets? and did you enjoy the concert if you did?

I assume you found and read my testimony on the internet.

After I talked to the man who asked me if I wanted Skrillex tickets, at the end of our conversation he told me "I am not going to give you the tickets" It was understood on my part that me and him both knew what would happen if I had skrillex tickets, which is I would dive headfirst into drug life again because of the deep connections the music has to them.

You have to understand what was going on at that point in my life, God was dealing with me about my lifestyle, the Tickets were a draw for me to come face to face with the life I was living. It's a very complicated story, you would have to p.m. me to get more details. 

I mostly listen to traditional Gospel on the radio for the most part.

Last evening at prayer meeting one of the scriptures Pastor used was... 

Romans 8:37 "Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us."

So, today I went searching for information on the song by that title which, I heard many years ago.

I didn't know any background on it.

I heard the song, "We Are More Than Conquerors" sung by my church choir and the title kept playing over and over (stuck in my head). This is what I found...

We Are More Than Conquerors

We are more than conquerors thro' Him that loved us so.

The Christ who dwells within us is the greatest power we know.

He will fight beside us tho' the enemy is great;

Who can stand against us, He's the Captain of our fate.

Then we will conquer, never fear, So let the battle rage.

He has promised to be near until the end of the age.

We are more than conquerors thro' Him that loved us so;

The Christ who dwells within us is the greatest power we know.

[Word & Music: Ralph Richard Carmichael]

The only on line singing of the song close to what my mind recalled is here.

When our choir sang it we had approx. 30 members (piano accompaniment only). We had the full range of voices at my church's choir, and as nicely done at the link I provided; it just can't compare. If you listen at this link, listen closely to the words. I'm not giving a testimonial Carmichael or to Liberty Baptist; just liking the song.

All of that said, not everyone is going to like the gospel songs which put a tear in my eye and a lump in my throat. I like to hear the songs sung by the Wilds Choir from the 1980s. Also, I enjoy several of Ron Hamilton's old songs Rejoice In The Lord and How Majestic Is Thy Name are two of my favorites. I would say take samples and if they encourage you to worship the Savior "in spirit and in truth" (be careful) then you will be fine. 

• Members

I make no recommendations, but I listen to music that I like.

I like Phillips, Craig and Dean.

I like Rend Collective.

I like West Coast Baptist College Choir

I like Jesús Adrian Romero.

I like Los Voceros de Cristo.

I like many blue grass artists.

Archived