• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Continuing Request For My Daughter

Miss Daisy

• Members

I've posted a few requests for prayer for me and my daughter's relationship and I still covet those prayers, nothing has changed. I have been praying she would get a Christian roommate in college, she found out today her new roommate is from India. I'm upset about it. My daughter is leaving a small town. I know I'm a mom worrying about her baby. She's going from a small town to a city and her college has about 10,000 students. The odds of the Indian roommate being a Christian is small.

Her roommate is studying molecular physics or something physics.

• Members

Continuing in prayer.

Most Indians coming here for schooling tend to be very serious about their education and future, which could make them a good influence upon your daughter.

While you are correct the odds of her being a Christian are small, it's not impossible, especially with God! Even if not a Christians, many Indians are very open to discussion of "religion" and tend to take spiritual matters seriously. This also could possibly be good.

We can add these aspects to our prayers.

Our oldest son called this last weekend, first time since before Easter. Still a lost sinner. While the conversation was somewhat less strained than in the past, he's developed a very foul mouth (which he didn't like being told not to use that language when calling and especially when talking with his mother) and he's still got a bad attitude about things in general. We pray the Lord will do a work in his life to bring him to Christ.

Scripture doesn't tell us how long the prodigal son was away living a sinful life after disrespecting and disgracing his father but it had to have been a fairly long time. We see from that parable that just because things are looking bad even for a long while, there is yet hope. That's good news from God for your daughter, our son, and the others in similar situations.

I've posted a few requests for prayer for me and my daughter's relationship and I still covet those prayers, nothing has changed. I have been praying she would get a Christian roommate in college, she found out today her new roommate is from India. I'm upset about it. My daughter is leaving a small town. I know I'm a mom worrying about her baby. She's going from a small town to a city and her college has about 10,000 students. The odds of the Indian roommate being a Christian is small.

Her roommate is studying molecular physics or something physics.

I've had her in my daily prayers since July 8. This may be an opportunity for you to witness to the roommate.

I wonder if the roommate knows that it is by the power of Jesus Christ the molecules and atoms of everything are held together? 

Colossians 1:17 "And he is before all things, and by him all things consist." Look up laminin, you're going to get a LOT of push back from the molecular crowd about the shape not being representative of Christ (the cross) or, they say it could be other 'man-invented' items and/or coincidence. Just plant the seed, pray, and see what happens. You may surprise your daughter into a new perspective of Mom.

• Members

Thanks for the continuing prayers!

John81: Her foul language is the reason she got mad and me moved out. It was the only rule she had OBey and she thought I was trying to "control" her with that one rule!

She hasn't talked to me in about a month. She's staying at my mom's and she can't wait until she leaves for college.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

A little better. We have brief "conversations". She leaves for college next week. Her dad is taking her on move in day, which is a relief. I've gotten used to her not being home the last few months but at least she was with my mom and only about a mile away. But "away at college" has me tearing up just thinking about it. Please continue to pray for both of us. I appreciate you asking also.

• Members

Continuing in prayer.

Most Indians coming here for schooling tend to be very serious about their education and future, which could make them a good influence upon your daughter.

While you are correct the odds of her being a Christian are small, it's not impossible, especially with God! Even if not a Christians, many Indians are very open to discussion of "religion" and tend to take spiritual matters seriously. This also could possibly be good.

We can add these aspects to our prayers.

Our oldest son called this last weekend, first time since before Easter. Still a lost sinner. While the conversation was somewhat less strained than in the past, he's developed a very foul mouth (which he didn't like being told not to use that language when calling and especially when talking with his mother) and he's still got a bad attitude about things in general. We pray the Lord will do a work in his life to bring him to Christ.

Scripture doesn't tell us how long the prodigal son was away living a sinful life after disrespecting and disgracing his father but it had to have been a fairly long time. We see from that parable that just because things are looking bad even for a long while, there is yet hope. That's good news from God for your daughter, our son, and the others in similar situations.

The odds that an American is a Christian is also small, as there are few true Christians in this country as well! We can't single out that God is with  particular race and not with another. God is no respector of persons!!

• Members

I didn't say otherwise so I'm not sure why you quoted my post. There is no people or nation on earth that is truly Christian. In America, most likely if one says they are a Christian they are really just a secular Christian, not a biblical Christian. Oftentimes being in close contact with secular Christians can be as bad or worse than being around those of other religions or no professing religion.

As in all things, our reliance must be upon the Lord. Our God is more than capable of putting the right person in the right place at the right time.

• Members

I didn't say otherwise so I'm not sure why you quoted my post. There is no people or nation on earth that is truly Christian. In America, most likely if one says they are a Christian they are really just a secular Christian, not a biblical Christian. Oftentimes being in close contact with secular Christians can be as bad or worse than being around those of other religions or no professing religion.

As in all things, our reliance must be upon the Lord. Our God is more than capable of putting the right person in the right place at the right time.

What I am puzzled at is why are we singling out an Indian person as an odds they are not Christians? The proper way it should have been stated is that no matter who, the odds of them being a Christian would be small.

• Members

I was going to also say that an Indian student will likely be studious and quiet and extremely smart. Practically speaking, prOBably a decent roommate. The standards for education are much higher in India.....they often have a better work ethic than lazy Americans. I would prOBably choose that over a hard partying American roommate of any race or color.

Archived