• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

If My Silliness Offended You, I Apologize.

• Members

Recently, in relation to the "Original Sin/Sin Nature" thread, a member commented that I and another member were the ones who were being silly...not Winman.

First, I meant to be silly on purpose. I knew exactly what I was doing and why I was doing it.

Winman had used plenty of silliness throughout the thread...and directed his silliness at others through the use of little video snippets in many of his posts.

Winman also directed a personal-cutting remark toward me toward the end of the thread...not to mention other cuts he took at other members.   I, for one, had seen enough of his heresy, his twisting of scripture, and his disrespect...especially his disrespect toward the Lord Jesus Christ.

Therefore, rather than retaliate in like manner, I chose to derail the thread with silly remarks. This form of response has served me well in the past. Making such posts isn't something that I make a habit of, but when I see the need, I will use that type of response. I think I've only done it one other time in the years that I've been a member here. Yes, I could have continued posting scripture to refute his heresies, explain my understanding of scripture, explain why he was wrong...but why would I want to be an instrument that would give him the opportunity to continue promoting heresy and blasphemy?

However, if what I did offended anyone, please let me know, and I will apologize publicly. I mean that...I'm not just saying it.

If a moderator wishes to ask me to refrain from such posts in the future, please let me know, and I will gladly OBlige.

Respectfully in Christ,

No Nicolaitans

• Members

I "liked" your post but if someone is so easily offended that your postings bring about such then they should look into why they are so easily offended and work to correct that.

It was very clear what your intentions with the silly postings. We have both used that tactic at least once in the past. It can be a good way to end a pointless thread, especially when the Word is being outright rejected and it's clear one or more parties are only interested in arguing, or at times insulting. Thus I posted my turtle story there as well (a true story).

In any event, that thread had more than run its course and had turned into something else prior to your silly postings.

On a side note, I saw two dead turtles on the side of the road the other day.

• Members

i was slightly offended because I was genuinely trying to get light on this issue, your silly post were not helpful at all. I did not appreciate it. to me it seemed you were making a mockery of a spiritual discussion.

I am not saying that Winman's silliness was ok either.

• Members

i was slightly offended because I was genuinely trying to get light on this issue, your silly post were not helpful at all. I did not appreciate it. to me it seemed you were making a mockery of a spiritual discussion.

I am not saying that Winman's silliness was ok either.

just to make it clear i am not bitter and do also forgive you as well.

You have my sincere apology Jordan. 

Archived