• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Psalms Set To Conservative Music?

Jordan Kurecki

• Members

His church is North County Baptist Church Pastor Clint Miller

I found some stuff by him on itunes... this guy writes some songs that are not godly... he cusses in one.... one song is named "i miss my mistress" ...

seriously.. why would you even recommend him...

• Members

I did not know those types of songs  done by him were on the internet.  I never looked for them..  I know before he was saved, he did sing worldly songs, was connected with Nashville music.  I only recommended him because of his songs about the Psalms since he got saved.  I surely would not want all of you to know the types of songs I sang before I got saved.

• Members

I did not know those types of songs  done by him were on the internet.  I never looked for them..  I know before he was saved, he did sing worldly songs, was connected with Nashville music.  I only recommended him because of his songs about the Psalms since he got saved.  I surely would not want all of you to know the types of songs I sang before I got saved.

in the same album, he has a song entitled, "the ballad of I, the preacher" he mentions Jesus and cusses. 

• Members

I've mentioned this before on here somewhere, so I won't go through the whole story again...but there's a lady (now deceased) who said that she discovered the music of the Bible has been there all along...in the various accent marks of the Hebrew letters.

I said it before, and I'll say it again...I'm not saying that I believe this. I guess it could be possible, but with anything like this...it's questionable. She put much of the Old Testament (including the Psalms) to this "music of the Bible", and a lot of it is really nice. This is the link to their Youtube channel if you want to peruse it. I think the featured video explains the story of how she "discovered" the music.

http://www.youtube.com/user/teamim

I have 14 of these songs from the Bible, they are in Hebrew and they were put to musick by this lady but done by various Artist for singing in synagogues.

• Members

No Nicolatitans: I sent that link years ago to a pastor on facebook at an IFB church I visited after he gave a sermon on music. I thought it was interesting to know what the psalms may have sounded like to music. He said he'd check it out but never responded to me again. LOL!

• Members

I am not sure we are talking about the same man.  I do know he was into secular music, but what I found about him does not seem to be the same one you are referencing.  Google :North Valley Baptist Church.  Pastor Clint Miller.

Archived